Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
can anyone tell me the wiring diagram for a vectra b for the radio display the 3rd plug to the display panel that lets you what station your on iv got the power and the speaker all OK just knead the last plug thanks for looking thank

OK.

So I really am trying to get my stereo connected.

I have the speakers sorted. half the job done (I hope)

I'm In the plug I seem to have is I have no black wire in the plug.

this is what I have with the speaker wires in the middle.

The 2 reds are 12v live according to the meter and the red/black seamed to be the ignition live.

I conected everything up and all seamed well.

It turned on when the engine was on (needed to be running for it to work) and turned off when engine was turned off.

However if the lights were turned on, or if I started to drive it turned off. The only thing I can think of is that there is not enough power going to it.

Any ideas

Also if someone could explain pin number to me

I have an Opel Corsa World Cup 1994 mod. The cd-player in the car is not the original. its working as it should; turns off when i turn off ignition etc. But as soon as the player turns on, the little display next to the clock, that shows date and year, goes blank. Has its something to do with the wiring? Anyone know which wires thats prolly wrong connected? Are there som wires in the ISO that shouldnt be connected at all?

POWER TO STEREO
Hi peeps just going off the topic, I took my factory fitted vauxhall vectra stereo out to install a new GPS one but i seem to have lost power to the stereo all together. i cant seem to figure out how this happened or how to fix it without having to send the car to a garage

Please help

I recently got an 02 Vectra and a JVC header. After installing the header which was easy since the car already had an ISO 10487 connector, I found that it did not remember the stations I had added to presets. It also didn't remember the loudness and other audio settings or the clock (not so worried about the clock since there's one on the dash).

I Just came across this thread and also read something about the +12v Battery and 12v ignition leads need to be switched around to allow the headers memory to work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connectors_for_car_audio

It says Vauxhall Astra but I'd guess this means all models since I doubt they'd do this on the Astra only.

At present, the header comes on with the ignition but reverts to factory default every time, no matter how much I try to set up all the presets again, it doesn't come back on with the station I was listening to when I used the car last like my last radio in my old car did. It doesn't turn off until I physically take the key out of the ignition, not sure if this is normal since my old car turned the radio off when I switched off the ignition.

Everything else seems to work, the speakers are OK, left/right and front/rear appears to be correct. So the whole problem seems to revolve around the power connections.

Would I be correct in assuming that I only need to switch pins A4 and A7 (from my Wiki link above) around to make it work properly?

Function Wire Colour Vauxhall Pin no.

+12V Battery Supply Red 8

Ignition Supply Black 2

Earth Brown 4

Electric Ariel (Cavalier)Ariel Amplifier (Calibra) Red/White 7

Display Illumination(vauxhall only) Grey/Green 3

Speed of Car MPH(For speed sensitive volume on vauxhall SC804 radio) Blue/Red 5

Alarm Trigger (vauxhall only) Brown/Violet 1

Telephone Mute input(late calibra models only with vauxhall phone kit) Black/Yellow 6

Right Front Speaker +- YellowBrown/Yellow 43

Left Front Speaker +- BlueBrown/Blue 21

Right Rear Speaker +- WhiteBrown/White 139

Left Rear Speaker +- GreenBrown/Green 1612

Hope this helps any one.

Is this for the vauxhall astra j??

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.