Function Wire Colour Vauxhall Pin no.

+12V Battery Supply Red 8

Ignition Supply Black 2

Earth Brown 4

Electric Ariel (Cavalier)Ariel Amplifier (Calibra) Red/White 7

Display Illumination(vauxhall only) Grey/Green 3

Speed of Car MPH(For speed sensitive volume on vauxhall SC804 radio) Blue/Red 5

Alarm Trigger (vauxhall only) Brown/Violet 1

Telephone Mute input(late calibra models only with vauxhall phone kit) Black/Yellow 6

Right Front Speaker +- YellowBrown/Yellow 43

Left Front Speaker +- BlueBrown/Blue 21

Right Rear Speaker +- WhiteBrown/White 139

Left Rear Speaker +- GreenBrown/Green 1612

Hope this helps any one.

See less See more
#28 ·
POWER TO STEREO
Hi peeps just going off the topic, I took my factory fitted vauxhall vectra stereo out to install a new GPS one but i seem to have lost power to the stereo all together. i cant seem to figure out how this happened or how to fix it without having to send the car to a garage

Please help

#30 ·
I recently got an 02 Vectra and a JVC header. After installing the header which was easy since the car already had an ISO 10487 connector, I found that it did not remember the stations I had added to presets. It also didn't remember the loudness and other audio settings or the clock (not so worried about the clock since there's one on the dash).

I Just came across this thread and also read something about the +12v Battery and 12v ignition leads need to be switched around to allow the headers memory to work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connectors_for_car_audio

It says Vauxhall Astra but I'd guess this means all models since I doubt they'd do this on the Astra only.

At present, the header comes on with the ignition but reverts to factory default every time, no matter how much I try to set up all the presets again, it doesn't come back on with the station I was listening to when I used the car last like my last radio in my old car did. It doesn't turn off until I physically take the key out of the ignition, not sure if this is normal since my old car turned the radio off when I switched off the ignition.

Everything else seems to work, the speakers are OK, left/right and front/rear appears to be correct. So the whole problem seems to revolve around the power connections.

Would I be correct in assuming that I only need to switch pins A4 and A7 (from my Wiki link above) around to make it work properly?

#31 ·
Function Wire Colour Vauxhall Pin no.

+12V Battery Supply Red 8

Ignition Supply Black 2

Earth Brown 4

Electric Ariel (Cavalier)Ariel Amplifier (Calibra) Red/White 7

Display Illumination(vauxhall only) Grey/Green 3

Speed of Car MPH(For speed sensitive volume on vauxhall SC804 radio) Blue/Red 5

Alarm Trigger (vauxhall only) Brown/Violet 1

Telephone Mute input(late calibra models only with vauxhall phone kit) Black/Yellow 6

Right Front Speaker +- YellowBrown/Yellow 43

Left Front Speaker +- BlueBrown/Blue 21

Right Rear Speaker +- WhiteBrown/White 139

Left Rear Speaker +- GreenBrown/Green 1612

Hope this helps any one.

Is this for the vauxhall astra j??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.