Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Please select each option that applies to you.

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
MIGClub Member
14,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Vauxhall were to open a dedicted tuning and performance centre, how would you see it branded and what would you expect from that centre?

Please select each comment that you feel applies to you as this is a multiple selection poll. NB this is a public poll.

888 Race Engineering will be offering a blue 888 polo shirt to a random user who participates in this poll.

If you have any comments on this, please leave them on this thread.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Think it would be a cracking idea, something along the lines of what 888 do already, with irmscher parts fitted sprayed etc and sllight engine improvements available. I don't think a serious tuning shop would be wise, but you never know. Good idea though, so long as prices weren't riduclous.

·
Registered
623 Posts
i hate to say it but i think VXR prices would not be the cheapest around, i think the idea of a tuning performance shop is a great idea, especially if there is a wide selection of products to choose from and the staff can help and advise,

·
Registered
11,048 Posts
I can't honestly see it being somewhere that you could go and buy parts for your up and coming 500bhp C'let or even Z'let.

As already mentioned though I can see it being a place for interior/exterior body parts from say the imerscher range including wheels etc.... Maybe small general tweeks for the enginebay. Maybe bling parts etc...

Would it be for ALL vauxhalls though new and old ?? If not then I can't see them being massively successful.

Somewhere like Reyland/A1 rallysport etc.. like the ford lads have would be absolutley brilliant for vauxhall IMHO :D

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Will the VXR brand be used in a similar way to Vauxhall that Alpina is to BMW and AMG is to Mercedes??

Will cars receiving this aftermarket "VXR" treatment be transformed to showroom VXR spec?

Could be potentially confusing for customers.

·
MIGClub Member
14,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pablopancake said:
almost as confusing as a poll with so many options lmao
I see you only choose one option. You do realise that you could have chosen as many as you wanted right?

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
The trick would be to distinguish their products from the factory VXR models - hence why I think the VXRacing branding would be good. Whilst fans of the BTCC would recognise 888 branding more potential customers would be more familiar with the VXRacing branding as its more visible on the race cars.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
It should be like Nismo is for Nissan, ie performance parts, engines, suspension upgrades.

But Stuff that actually is made for the cars, rather than just some generic bolt ons.

I think they should do Stage kits, Can't remember which American company do these, but its an official upgrade for those Neon 2ltr turbo models. Like a PPP sort of thing.

I voted for VXR branding. but in retrospect, VXRacing would be a better choice, ie "I have a VXracing stage 1 kit fitted to my Mk5 Astra" a VXR branding would be confusing. Keep that for Cars.

·
91,273 Posts
Would be good if it ends up like prodrive. I can go to prodrive with my scooby, and given them money, they'll use there knowledge to give you a car tailered to your needs. If you want they will bias it towards power, or handling, or a mix of both.

In all honesty i don't think they should cater for older models, there's already enough out there for let's. Although if they did live motronic 2.7 mapping for other mods, rather than a phase kit, with a Vauxhall Stamp, that'd be cool.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Proper tuning gear under either the VXR or VXRacing brand would be best IMO. There's so many "performance and styling" places around that think performance means an induction kit and one of those FSE boost valves...

Wouldn't be too fussed about a place like that having tons of different styling options for each car unless it was lighter than stock stuff and the parts were straight swaps. :)

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
I think it'd be great is Vauxhall could open up a full range of VXR Aftermarket goodies. Say for those that had bought a basem odel Zaf but want a full GSi kit, it can be done professionally in house.
Sane goes for those with Astra Coupe's - can get the full VXR engine package installed by those that know best!

I'll take the shirt in XL please :) ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts