Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speaking hypothetically, how easy would it be for someone who knows what they are doing to break into/steal my car and how long would it take? I have a bogstandard vauxhall immobiliser, alarm and deadlocks etc. Is it necessary to upgrade?

For info only!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
assuming they break a window and climb in deadlocks will take seconds to by pass as for alarm they just disconnect the horn and immobiliser if they want it they'll by pass it some of the best immobilisers are home made switches hidden around the dash area or a brake lock kit

·
Registered
440 Posts
Alarms and immobilisers are alright in themselves, but by the time the thief realises the car HAS an ALARM and an IMMOBILISER,the damage is already done, ie broken window or window frame bent forward. They have to SEE the car has been imobilised by either a steering lock (which can still be removed by cutting the steering wheel) so getting one which covers the whole of the steering wheel would be better,but they can still get into it, I personnally have opted for a £40 footbrake lock that was advertised on TV about 6 months ago. If they can get through that, then they can keep the bloody car

·
Registered
820 Posts
anthonyian said:
Alarms and immobilisers are alright in themselves, but by the time the thief realises the car HAS an ALARM and an IMMOBILISER,the damage is already done, ie broken window or window frame bent forward. They have to SEE the car has been imobilised by either a steering lock (which can still be removed by cutting the steering wheel) so getting one which covers the whole of the steering wheel would be better,but they can still get into it, I personnally have opted for a £40 footbrake lock that was advertised on TV about 6 months ago. If they can get through that, then they can keep the bloody car
Any more info on that footbrake lock?

·
Registered
440 Posts
unfortunately ol buddy, I'm afraid not, like I said i got it 6 months ago on one of those QVC channels. and then ordered it over the internet. I no longer have the packaging or the receiept. I will keep my eyes open for you thou.#

Don't get one of those £6 - £10 ones thou, because they can be hacksawed through, you need one thats solid steel. And polished, a hacksaw carn't get a grip on one with a polished shaft.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Do you have a pic of it m8? What exactly does it do?

I think one wallop from a lump hammer and those cheapo devices would give way!

I have a disklok already but Im beefing it up by adding a big concealed hasp coach bolted onto it...pics shortly as soon as I can get it jigsawed!!

lmao :D :cool: :eek:

·
Registered
440 Posts
better than a picture, I found the websight for the lock, unforutnately it's in the USA (Which i already knew) I was hoping it had some world wide addresses but I couldn't find any, sorry

but this should give you some idea what to look out for.

www.unbreakable.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts