Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I need your help please. My Vauxhall Astra 1.8 L petrol (2007) is not cranking. I see the dash lights coming on OK, battery is OK, but no fuel pump sound, and starter not turning. I checked the fuel line, nothing coming through. It seems that the car is immobilised. I cannot tow the car as I just realized that MOT is expired last week. Really appreciate your insight on what could the issue be.

Cheers,
Allen

·
Registered
233 Posts
Did it start fine before and just stop all of a sudden one day or is this a conversion etc? could be a bad ground? immobilisers are fairly bulletproof from my experience as a keysmith unless you cooked your ecu. more info would be great

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it was fine before and never had an issue. Yesterday, I drove fine to the my work place in the morning. I tried to switch it on to come back home in the evening, and nothing happened. As said in previous, lights come ok on dash, battery indicator ok, but no response from the fuel pump nor the starter. I must say I was running very low on fuel when I got to my work, but had the tank filled up a bit this morning, but still not ok. I changed the fob battery, still the same. Need it running as soon as possible as I am a key worker and need to commute every day. I have a video of the dash lights, but seems that cannot share here.
Cheers,
Allen

·
Registered
233 Posts
the immobilisers work independent of the keyfob battery so dont worry about that. its strange the starter isn't working either..tried fuses? starter fuse should be #18 25amp and engine electronics should be #21 #22 #26 #30

1 - 5 of 5 Posts