Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

New to the forum so forgive me if I am in the wrong place.

Over the last 4 weeks out of the blue when slowing down at a roundabout junction or in general the car seems to be cutting out for no reason. I was told it could be a number of things such as spark plugs need replacing or the fuel pump is failing no warning lights are coming up on the dash. the car is idling between 8 and 9 but obviously when slowing down the counter drops to around 6 jiggles and then cuts out.

Has anyone got any ideas of what it could be or what steps to take next please.

Thank you in advance guys :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

New to the forum so forgive me if I am in the wrong place.

Over the last 4 weeks out of the blue when slowing down at a roundabout junction or in general the car seems to be cutting out for no reason. I was told it could be a number of things such as spark plugs need replacing or the fuel pump is failing no warning lights are coming up on the dash. the car is idling between 8 and 9 but obviously when slowing down the counter drops to around 6 jiggles and then cuts out.

Has anyone got any ideas of what it could be or what steps to take next please.

Thank you in advance guys :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there also new to the forum, I was Googling the issue I have been having with my Vauxhall and yours came up. It’s the exact same issue and pretty terrifying when it does it when driving. Typically is on slowing, corners, roundabouts etc but it done it the other day and almost landed me into the ditch luckily it restarted pretty quick and no one was behind me. I have no idea what’s causing it, husband has been looking at it and replaced some filters and cleaned the oil and currently waiting on a part to be delivered (sorry I don’t know what it is) but if it solves it I will post back on here. Otherwise it’s going to have to go to the garage. Sorry my post isn’t much use or helpful to you I just wanted to comment to say I’m having the same issue. If we do manage to resolve or even figure out what it is I will come back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just to also say I get no warning lights either - when I ran it the other morning in neutral to warm up it would sort of make the normal engine running noise then slow and the normal and then just cut 🤦🏽‍♀️

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to also say I get no warning lights either - when I ran it the other morning in neutral to warm up it would sort of make the normal engine running noise then slow and the normal and then just cut 🤦🏽‍♀️
Hi,
Thanks for the reply glad i am not the only one who is having this issue, I feel silly writing this but i took it to a garage and they found out the problem was there was no oil in the engine :rolleyes:. I only had the car serviced 6 months ago. 3 litters of oil and the car is purring and solved the issue that we was having. we were very lucky the engine didn't blow up! now that would have cost a couple of quid. the engine to was making some cranking noise on start up.

Hope you find the fault quickly and don't cost a fortune! Good luck and let me know how you get on !!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m pleased you got it sorted! I’m pretty sure hubby checked and topped up the oil yesterday but I could be wrong so if he hasn’t il get him to do that. If not I hope whatever part he has ordered fixes the issue otherwise it’s a trip to the garage that no one can afford in January... Thanks for sharing!! Will let you know how I get on ☺

·
Registered
5 Posts
No further forward here 🙈 oil appears to be fine and we replaced the suction control valve and the car immediately sounded better but when took it for a short run the cutting out was still happening. I think it’s got to be a trip to the garage and god knows how many £££. Why do these things happen in January argh!! At least you managed to get sorted anyway!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts