Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before i start - I know what i have done below is wrong and i am regretting it now. but the fact is i have done it and dont need any one giving me any more abuse.

It would be nice for some helpful information or contacts of legal advise of cheap solicitors...

Story so far...

3 points for Sp30
6 points for IN13 - Let my friend drive my cav home and got pulled. he was not insured.

I have been driving 3.5 years so have 3 points left.

Two court summons have come through for some silling driving i did along a country road In Lyndhurst in the New forest.

Got pulled for Excessive speeding doing over 100 in 40 which then turned to 60 zone. Also getting done for Driving with out due care and attention... This court date is on the 25th feb...

Next - Hedge End in southampton - Local cruise strip area. Went for a spin when got the nova on the road and took mate for a blast round roundabouts etc.... got pulled for Driving with out due care and attention and Dangerous Driving..... This court date is on the 26th Feb.

I am a little worried what the outcome will be but i really want to find a way of reducing the Dangerous driving to due car and attention....

HELP required.

please please.

·
Registered
19,143 Posts
I am sorry to say this, but you are probably beyond help when it comes to keeping your licence as if you don't get banned on the 25th (You most likely will under the totting up rules) then you deffo will on the 26th. A solicitor will be usefull for damage limitation though and will save you in fines what you pay for the services.

This is a very late stage in the proceedings so if there is any hope the case will have to be adjourned.

·
Administrator
29,659 Posts
Are you going to basingstoke court or one in the new forest?

If its basingstoke then i would suggest you find a good solicitor as this court deals with motoring offences as a speciality, in fact they were taking about 20 mins a case when i was up there. one court room dedicated to motoring offences. also you cannot have access to the duty solicitor, this person is not available to any motoring offence cases

from the outset (easy to say) but don;t fear, its a motoring offence for which i beleive they can only fine and ban for your offences.

does your father or parents have a solicitor? if so can you go with him to them to get some free advice? this is a good start and see what they think about your situation.

i dont wanna give you abuse and i dont want to sound as if i have,

if you were doing 100 in the forest in the 40 then i think it is unlikely that youwill walk away with a licence

i would also be tempted to contact the court and ask if both cases can be heard on the same day at the same time, as then you dont have to front up twice (twice as nerve racking!)

the second offence and dangerous driving in hedge end as busy as it can get at times its likely to end up the same way,

personally i got an 8 week ban for 63 in a 30, the guy before me got 14 days for 102 on the a303, someone else i know got 28 days for over 100 on a motorway,

the speeding is likely to net you a ban and the other charges are likely to knock you off the road for 12 months i am afriad to say.

good luck

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh... so there is not hope

i realise i will lose my licence but i want to get the dangerous down...

·
Registered
15,847 Posts
I've had a year ban, and it looks like you'd better dust the cobwebs off you mountain bike, never mind time fly's:(

·
Administrator
29,659 Posts
forgot to add thaty with 9 points within 3.5 years you are unlikely to be given more points

if they ban you then you will just get banned

i would try and avoid adjournment as this only delays the pain and suffering

it also doesnt look good when you have 2 appearances in two days

try contacting the court now to see if they can hear both cases at the same time, this may also save you in ban period as they will look at both instead of, ooh we saw you yesterday so we'll double your punishment

tom

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cheers for the info...

Only thing i dont want is dangerous driving on my licence as it will stick for 10 years of so and my insurance will be well high and Extended test.... i dont want that..

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are in two different courts..

New forest is being heard at Lyndhurst and Hedge end offence is at Southampton courts.

·
Administrator
29,659 Posts
if you have had alicence for 3.5 years i would hazard a guess that your under 21

unofrtunatley they wont look kindly to someone your age being stupid in a high powered car i;m afraid

i dontknow what punishemtn is used for damgerous driving

i would expect 12 months or more off the road at least and then say 500 notes fine

·
Administrator
29,659 Posts
problem you have is that two cases two days ina row and you may get banned for the same period of time by both courts

i think you may need some evidence you were not driving dangerously, which maybe hard to prove

·
Administrator
29,659 Posts
i wouldnt sell anything first, when you get a fine you get the chance to pay off in bits normally

if its not too bad then keep one car and do bits to it in the time off the road

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have no chance its hedge end for the dangerous... it was round roundabouts etc..

in my statement - apparently he said to me "so you were blatting it then" which i replied "yes" - I did not say this... there was loads of other things which i did not say as well.

·
Administrator
29,659 Posts
when i told my parents i was caught mum said flog the car and get the money back on it or take it off the road, ok for 12 months its a good idea but i wouldnt sell anything till you know your fate

if you can then keep it

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeh but i will never be able to afford the insurance when i get my licence back any way.

I was planning to buy a 300zx on my 21st birthday in July... thats that dream out of the window.. only my self to blame..

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Ban?

sorry to but in toms, but i've got a court apperance for no insurance, Test and licence. mainly due to the fact that i dint produce. i have got a licence and did have a test certificate. i was insured then but not on that car, i am now F C, do u think i can blag it and say i'll do a night in the sells or i need the car for my job? any help appreciated, chris

·
Registered
9,212 Posts
How many police present when you got done for each item?

Don't forget that if there was only one policeman present, then it's word for word, just disgree everything, and hope.

If there was two police present, both saying the same thing, I doubt theres too much you can do.

But make sure you disagree with anything that you can't remember, or definately did not say.

Good Luck, what evidence do they have of you driving dangerously anyway? They need evidence for that sort of offence, they can't just say that you were, so there. They need to back up their claim.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hedge end was 2 present
New forest 2 Cars and 4 coppers... thought i was going to get gang banged.

·
Registered
9,212 Posts
ah bugger, there goes that plan then. Still deny everything you know isn't true.

Good Luck, sorry I don't have any other advice.
:beer:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts