Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went through a small ford slowly today 2pm, engine cut out and went into limp mode and then cleared once light had gone out 10 secs later.

Tonight waiting to pick up a girl i met on friday nite car was idling for 4 mins then cut out. Will fire up and cut out. Removed air filter and was wet. Dryed filter out in oven refitted and will fire up the die unless use throttle, wonth rev over 3500rpm. cant get on vectra sport. dont know how to get the codes. eerrgh.

Any ideas??

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Try topbuzz website for fault codes if its a cavvy.
If its a vectra u may find that the fault codes are different even though it says they are the same.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry its a vectra gsi. the reason the filter got wet was because it got a pipercross viper induction kit and the air intake is fitted to the grill area under the number plate.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
If its a vectra then it is fitted with the m2.8.3 ecu.
U can still read the fault codes by shorting pins 5 and 6 on the diagnostic plug.
The topbuzz website lists the fault codes as the same as earlier ecus but I had a converation with someone off vectra sport who could not understand why the fault codes did not match up with his problems.
Lost the link to the other codes at the mo, I will try to find it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that link.

Going to retrive the car this morning. Where is the diagnostic plug?

Sold my astra GTE to buy a newer car that wouldnt brake down. Haha.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well done flash codes. Came up with Mass or volume air flow circuit malfunction and Crankshaft position sensor A circuit malfunction.

Is the crankshaft sensor on the edge of the flywheel?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Crankshaft sensor is on front of engine block, cant remember exactly where and cant check as car is 15 miles away. You should be able to identify it buy the thick black wire that supplies it. It runs horizontally across the engine from left to right and then goes down to the sensor. The cables are shrouded to stop them getting damaged from exhaust heat if I remember right.
Try drying out cables and crank sensor thoroughly before condeming it they are a shade off 50 quid to buy from vauxhall.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Just seen you other tread about the airflow meter. Im not being funny but I would suggest drying it out really thouroughly before condemning it. Stick it in the airing cupboard overnight and c if it helps.
Otherwise ask someone on here with TIS to c what the checks are for the offending article.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts