Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine is still in cav subframe, the rest of car was cut away. Due to a change in plans, I'm now selling up as I need the garage space. The Engine has covered just 65,276 miles. The engine is complete and will include clocks, ecu, loom and all ancilleries. This engine is fitted with an auto box but can easily be changed before dropping into your car.

Now looking for £300. Would prefer collection from East Ayrshire, but will have delivered at your cost.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should go straight in a Cav mate. Simple enough job. You'll want another gearbox though.

Suspension etc is all there, best replace yours to cope with the weight. Would be looking for a bit extra for the suspension, hubs and V6 brakes etc though.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also has a Scorpion Exhaust center section.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
20 mins (depending on how fast you drive ;) ) From Glasgow

Map

Can have it delivered if required too. :beer:

·
Banned
22,254 Posts
ASTRi said:
20 mins (depending on how fast you drive ;) ) From Glasgow

Map

Can have it delivered if required too. :beer:
Scotland! It aint for me, its for someone that wants it in an astra! I will speak to him and another mate that works away often, he goes to Scroteland...sorry Scotland about once a month so he may be able to tie it in! Its complete though? Sorry I havent read the thread properly! lmao

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
wayne451 said:
Its complete though? Sorry I havent read the thread properly! lmao
Yeah. (Things not pictured, Radiator, air flow meter/air box & piping are all in the garage)

And as mentioned, V6 discs/calipers suspension etc are available at extra cost.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Up I say.

Make me an offer..

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yip. Complete. And with clocks also.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
What will you except for the engine, loom ecu everythign else, without the box? will be usein an F20 :) although im still tryin to think how id pick it up, lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sounds like a nice engine, impressively low mileage! :)

I was going to get a V6 to drop in to my Astra MK3, ill need a new gearbox etc but was wondering if that engine would use the same engine mounts? Also am I going to have to Cut any of the bay away?
The only other thing i was worried about was changing from Automatic box to Manual? Simple swap?

Cheers :D

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
the box is just a simple swop (depending which box you got in yours) id use an F20 with the existing selectors etc so i wouldnt need to alter anything except spacing the box from the engine.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Cheater2k said:
What will you except for the engine, loom ecu everythign else, without the box? will be usein an F20 :) although im still tryin to think how id pick it up, lol
Well I'm looking for £300 for the engine, which is pretty good for a minimal mileage V6. The car was owned by an older gentleman who had problems with one of his shoulders. The steering wheel on the car had one of those Bus-like knobs for one hand full-locking lmao I seriously doubt this engine has ever been thrashed.

Make me an offer. Would like it gone this weekend if possible.

big_ginge21 said:
I was going to get a V6 to drop in to my Astra MK3, ill need a new gearbox etc but was wondering if that engine would use the same engine mounts? Also am I going to have to Cut any of the bay away?
I think its a simple enough swap into a Mk3 bay. Doubt any of the bay needs to be cut away. Would post up a thread about the engine mounts though, couldn't say for sure. :beer:

Can have delivered at buyer's cost.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts