Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just started the car - give the car some welly in 2nd - tc light came on - turned engine off - now turn it back on and im revving at a constant 3000rpms which makes it impossible to drive - esp under braking as the car still wants to pull - looks like im not going out on monday to play at the mo:(

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
done that before to cure the problem - this time it wouldnt take that idea - took off the sensor - blew down it, refitted and the idle problem went so although its now ok we wait to see if it happens again and ill have to pick a new sensor up

·
Registered
132 Posts
i had this problem with my car and one of the hoses came off the back of the engine, and i dint know wot it went too so i blocked it up and the prob went away, so check all the hoses are all conected e.g breather pipes good luck

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
faul tlisted the sensor as a problem - after removal and clean up its sorted for the time being so i have pinpointed the prob hopefully - will check hoses tho altho im sure there fine

·
Registered
17,641 Posts
TIS said:
Throttle position sensor voltage is greater than 4.8 V
(Short circuit to voltage)
Replacement Value:

The control unit calculates with a throttle valve angle of 30 °. Other functions recognise only partial load and full load. Recognition depends on the engine load, the engine speed, and the mass air flow meter signal.
Concerned Terminals:
53, 44, 71

·
Registered
17,641 Posts
unplug and replug it, it's only a potentiometer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts