Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
That's great Dave, really cleared it up. I'll give that a go then and see let you know how I get on.

According to my Haynes, my ABS unit is slightly different- there are 2 solenoids, 1 for front, left, 1 for front right, and 1 for the rear.

Discussion starter · #42 ·
Just had a look at the ABS unit, and it doesn't look as straight forward as the diagram. I can see myself doing more damage then good to be honest knowing me lol.

If you scan in and send me a pic of the haynes wiring diagram for the ABS ill rewrite that guide for your car.
The diagram i drew is a MUCH simplified version,which shows only what you need to know,it is much more complicated on the haynes diagram.
Dave.

If after bleeding properly you still have a spongy pedal or if the pedal slowly sinks(aslong as no leaks)then the seals are prob gone.You can also flip the seals the wrong way by pushing the caliper piston back in to fast when pad changing,the first time you brake the edges of the seals can get clipped and never seal again.
Brakes international do non ABS MC's for £34,ABS are more expensive,for a corsa gsi they are dealer only items£156!
What car is it?
You can also get MC seal kits,but they arent much cheaper than a new MC.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.