Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hopefully an easy one,

ive just bought a ecotec calibra with a shot to bits center exhaust system :)

basicaly from the cat back is a throw away job, my friend is breaking a 4x4 xe cav will the stainless system fit my calibra? inc a cat back pipe?
had a quick look at the cav and from memory they look the same, just wondered if any one knew
taa
dan

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
I fitted a system from a cav GSi to a Cally XE. Fitted ok. Neeeded to make up a small piece of pipe for the join. You may have problems though with fitting to the ecotec.

·
Admin/show reporter
11,663 Posts
the 4x4 exhaust will be routed slightly differently and it's also possible a few of the mount points are different. Should fit with a little work.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
taa m8, yea not ure if the manifolds take the same route or not with the xe/ ecotec. the car is in a garage up the road so i cant just pop out and compare lmao
i mainly need the the center section.

·
Admin/show reporter
11,663 Posts
IIRC the front pipe (after the downpipe) is different as it has to run about the prop.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
think i will have to go and take a look at the car realy, as you say prop may be an issue, off memory rear end of the exhaust seems the same, digi camera time :rolleyes:

·
Registered
733 Posts
no it wont fit.i tryed on my gfs calibra.if it was a 2wd gsi then yes.the 4wd have a cut out in the floor pan to fit the front silencer cos of the prop.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
doh!
after the cut out do they take the same route? thinking i could cut and butt the front section of my old one to the cav center section pipe? or to save this hassle any one know how much a new center pipe section is lmao

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
m8 go to part co at the weekend centre sections aint that dear the floor is totally different on a gsi coz of the irs

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dont worry m8 ive bought another ecotec calibra 2day so ill see what the system is like on that when i get it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts