Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on from the post "CrapTown Factor" there seems to be a bit of interest in some kind of meeting/event towards the north of the country. What are your views on this?
I know there are lots of members around Edinburgh/Glasgow area, so the options would be having a meet in Central Scotland somewhere (Only a few hours drive from most places) or having it nearer the borders so people from north of England could come too. Come on folks, lets have some ideas!
Ps Anyone going to the Touring Cars at Knockhill on sun 22nd?

·
Registered
39 Posts
yeh lets have a wee gathering of the clans, and I am sure we can find some place for it ....crail,east fortune or some place further west or down the borders (cant thing of any)..... bring it on I say :D

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Hey I'll be up for that! How about Stirling as its central Scotland. Failing that we could arrange a meet at Crail as people from doon sooth could come up and have a play...
Oh yeah, I'll be at Knockhill with my mates as I aint been up to the touring cars for a couple of years. Mebbe see you there.

Chameleon. :D

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Callyfrasalistic

What does your car look like as Im always in Rosyth as the Fiance stays there ... I Drive a Dark green cav saloon with tints and a HIBS no. plate

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Following on from the first post by davie d:-
I know exactly what you meen mate, there seems to be loads of events going on in the south and nothing much in the north so lets get our act together and lets get a big meet organised, I`m definatly be up for it. :)

Could we meet at a 1`4 mile event eg at crail or another track??, only ideas because you`ll know the area alot better than I do.
Whatever we organise we`ll have to make it soon to try and keep with the weather!. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, i just got a flyer from the local petrol station. Crail is having 1/4 mile events on:-
july 22nd
august 5th
august 19th
sept 2nd
sept 16th
sept 30th
They are having a cruise on sept 15th from 6pm
On 5th august Fast Car magazine will be there for "Miss Wet Fast Thrash"
On sept 16th Redline magazine will be there for the day.

The flyer says:-
"If you like cruises, get back to us and we will hold more on sat evenings. If any clubs want the track for track days or the oval we are open through the week in the evening when it gets lighter for private hire. For our circuit hire we require a minimum of 10 drivers. ... Why not put your car round our specially built circuit @ one of our track days. All welcome from pro to novice please phone to book or e-mail. Limited places on each day for maximum track time."
Track days are on:-
July 28th
August 25th
Sept 22nd
October 20th
November 18th.
Anyone tempted?

[ 17-07-2001: Message edited by: davie d ]

·
Registered
19,143 Posts
I have never been to anything like that, never been down a quarter mile strip. I guess I have just lead a sheltered life.

So it is time for a change! My folks live in Edinburgh and Perth so Crail (god when I was a kid I used to go on my holidays there every year) sounds like a good bet for me!

Count me in, after all some of you lot made it to Billing!

·
Registered
39 Posts
F.A.O Baldy
Hi M8 pic of the car ... Car is still pretty much standard, due to lack of funds at the moment.. But will hopefully be getting a nice set of wheels and a Rieger front and back bumper along with a roof and boot spoiler, and lowered by 40mm…when I get the time …money !!!! you won’t see it around very often as I am usually driving something a wee bit bigger most of the time

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
I`m tempted well better than that I`m VERY interested. Which one are you thinking of eg a 1`4 mile event or a cruise.

Personaly I`d like us to organise a private day on the 1`4 mile track but It`s not up-to me so what do you / everybody else want to do??.
As goes for the date any time in August will do for me but like I say we`ll need everybody-elses feed back before a decision can be made, so come on people lets get this show on the road!! :)

·
Registered
18,393 Posts
the cruises are a bit crap, dont bother. but the 1/4 mile is fun (even though timing gear is shocking!!) the only problem being its on the sea so very very windy and cold :eek:
the track is small, but may be fun i havent bothered to go round it yet, you need a helmet if i remember right though

www.crailthrash.co.uk

yeah you need yer own helmet and a MOT or rally prepared car
and track isnt as small as it looks, its a mile long, so i am off to buy a helmet :D

[ 17-07-2001: Message edited by: 8vastra.co.uk ]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.