Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having to re terminate a new plug on the loom side of the lambda sensor as the original is pig.

On the signal wire there seems to be a inner core wire and an outer casing of wire with plastic coating insulating them from each other. Looks a bit like the setup as you would see on a tv ariel.

How do i attach that wire to the wire coming out from the plug?

·
Administrator
29,659 Posts
all lambda sensors i have seen are three wires single wrapped in a black sheath

if you have a tv aerial cable style cable it sounds more like the crank sensor unless i am much mistaken

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All sorted now, i just paniced yesterday and didn't use my brain enough. After more indepth thought i came to the conclusion that the outer core is just there as a screening to prevent interference from other equipment and of course the 12v heater line it runs with along next to. It has to have this because the lambda only operates under milli volts.

Anyway sorted that and the car seemed a bit better but not as it should. I then tested my Throttle position sensor and its knackered! Fingers crossed that tomoz when the sensor comes all my problems i've been having over the last month will dissapear!
Also have low voltage on injector one valve, bad connection i guess?
As you look at the engine are they numbered left to right?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually got it from My local Mill Auto For £48. They get it straight from bosch and it comes next day. Autovaux was same price but couldn't get it until weekend.

Bosch part number- 0280122004

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.