Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
Any help would be greatfully received, will mk2 astra rear lights fit a mk2 astra convertible or will i need belmont lights which are slightly longer as i have a boot cos of the hood? I think you used to have one of these simon and thought you might know :confused:

[ 18-07-2001: Message edited by: anskills ]

·
Registered
38,604 Posts
Yeap, cabriolet uses Belmont rear lights. I take it you want to fit GTE rear lights. Sorry won't fit. The have a different back and side to them and are more square around the top.

Vauxhall never made and smoked rear Belmont style lights. Think I've seem some clear ones made by another company but don't like this. Failing that if you want to replace the lights then Irmscher do some very very nice looking smoked rear lights. I was going to order a set of these for myself. Irmscher also do some clear/silvery rear lights.

[ 18-07-2001: Message edited by: Simon.P ]

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
Yep, apparently 3 hours with a dremmel and a lot of clear silicon sealent and you can make them fit - you cut the top section out. I was looking into that too, because i#m thinking of getting a convertable after this car.

If you've got a convertable, i'd love to see it sometime...

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
They are actually a set of atermarket clear rear lights a guy is selling off his hatchback. That convertible is f*cking lovely makes mine even more pish than normal! Got a feeling i couldnt afford those irmscher lights new!

·
Registered
38,604 Posts
anskills, reckon you should get a Belmont rear spoiler for yours, GTE bumpers with front and rear body coloured defusers. Cav SRi Sideskirts trimmed to fit and sprayed. take off the rub stips. GTE bonnet. Stainless exhaust Irmscher smoked rear lights and clear front idicators.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
Cris, i finally borrowed a working digital camera so i'll try and take a few more photos of mine soon. I'll e-mail you what i have at the moment but there not great pictures as i was in a rush. Twin headlamps going on hopefully next!

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
Simon, got clear indicators, thats a start at least. HA HA! I have SRi bumpers and there in great nick, just want to do subtle styling really and not ruin car. Bit short on dough at moment cos i'm thinkng bout moving out. I'm only 20 but been offered a great wee cottage in middle of the best area in Dundee, loads of pubs and fanny within 2 min walk! Can't ask for much more for £80 a week between 2! :cool:

·
Registered
38,604 Posts
£80 a week between2? Christ.

Yeah, I had exactly the same car as you at your age. Mine was Blue though. Take it yours is a 1.6.

I was gonna do to mine as I described earlier. I'm not into OTT mods. Just wanted to smarten mine up. Had plans for a set of 16" BBS RS2's for mine. But in the end I sold it. Roll on MK3 cabrio!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.