Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know some of you will have seen these pics before but my thread was lost in the ''big one of 2006'' and some ppl have been asking about it so thought i would put up another thread and i should be getting some pics of some more work thats being done to it tommorrow i am also collecting it on saturday so will get some proper pics

here are the pics of the new cage that is being made at the moment

some of the rear turrets now they have been converted for the rear coilovers

and some pics of the fuel cell that i decided to move over the rear seats for a more central weight dis i also decided to drop it throw the floor a couple of inches but as you can see overall its actualy gone down quite a bit from where it would have had to sit

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
coolamasta said:
Ain't you done any more yet mofo :p :D

Looking sweet though mate :beer:

yes my dad has the rear beam off at the moment making it stronger for the coilovers

by the weekend everything should be finished so i will get some good pics then

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
That cage is well OTT for it's application imo! Why would you want to weigh the car down with something thats TOO Safe? ;)

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok well for the work today

as you can see the rear beam mounts that the original shocks mount on to dont look to strong to me and they were deff not intended for load bearing so we decided to do something about it

this is the original one

and here is the new one

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
well they wont snap off will they!! good work, have to think about doing something to my rear mounts when i fit my coilovers

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
when i fitted my eccentric top mounts to my astra i found a very disconcering problem when i tightened them because they were a little bigger than the standard ones and flat (standard ones are slightly curved) i found that the top mount was pulling the ''shell'' down to meet the mount instead of the mount into the car and seeing as this is a big point for adjusting camber/caster on the astra i felt this was a very bad idea

this is the best pic i have showing this (its a crap pic but you can see how it has been pulled down)

we came up with an idea to machine a plate cut the top of the front mount off and replace it with the machined plate that would also be flat,we could then gusset that plate for the rollcage to be linked into the strut tops giving it a very very rigid mounting point on the front for the rollcage

so here are the pics

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
yyeah with the novas you get a plte to weld into the strut top to make it flat for the alloy mounts

rodgerq

1 - 20 of 45 Posts