Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the process involved in ultrasonic cleaning of injectors?

·
91,273 Posts
Check flow rates
Check spray patterns
Clean, and redo the seals
Re-check flow rates against std figures
Re-check spray patterns against std figures

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry mate i meant what is the cleaning process, what do they do?

·
91,273 Posts
AFAIK they strip the injector, and put the plates into an ultrasonic bath, then after a few hours they re-assemble them with new seals etc.

·
Registered
10,901 Posts
When ive done it we had the injector test rig that would pulse the coils on the injecotrs and place them in the ultrasonic bath, then run both to alow the fluid through the injectors etc.
Never "stripped" them down as such. renewed the O rings though as thats easy.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nobbie said:
AFAIK they strip the injector, and put the plates into an ultrasonic bath, then after a few hours they re-assemble them with new seals etc.
Is it something that a DIYer could do or do you need special tools to take them apart?

·
91,273 Posts
You need a flow bench really.
There was a guy on mig who did it for about £30 iirc, do a search on injector cleaning, and see what you get up. Failing that a call to Noble Motorsport on Chatsworth/Chesterfield Road, and ask them who they recommend for it in your area.

·
MIGClub Member
15,237 Posts
A lot of the Bosch ones have a filter basket at one end, this is removed & changed & special cleaning solutionsa re used at specific pressures to clean them. The flow can then be measured & tested to the desired tolerances.

I had mine done at Mech repairs in Cheltenham. They gave me a graph printout of the improvement to the flow rates etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts