Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an annoying intermittent rattle beneath drivers side towards the rear. Ive checked the exhaust and renewed the rubber loops. Can anyone advise me please? Its a twinport 1400 with 06 reg

·
Registered
203 Posts
have you tried the heat shield above the exhaust...the bolts tend to rust out on vauxhalls you know how it is and leads to mass noise

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Fizz, ive already looked at heatshield ,thanks. It seems to be comming from about the rear wheel arch. Cant see anything apart from fuel lead

·
Registered
203 Posts
the only other thing i could thuink of would likely be the wheel bearing...is it worse when you turn one direction than the other?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No,its sometimes constant and worse if I go over speed bumps and sometimes no noise for a couple of days. I considered a possibility of the wheel bearing but not sure and thats why I asked the question fizz

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the only other thing i could thuink of would likely be the wheel bearing...is it worse when you turn one direction than the other?
I might need to check the sway bar or joints . Not sure though

·
Registered
203 Posts
okay, looking like dreaded process of elimination is the only way forward, hopefully you find it soon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts