Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a problem with my car when i took it on the A1 last night seems to boost ok up the gears but soon as i get into 6th and around 100mph it sort of dies, backs of and just doesnt want to pull on any further?

Any idas?

Im running phase 2, and know my actuators not very strong could it be that?

Noticed a bit of smoke out the back also as it was happening.

Ive got actuator wound right up and a helper spring on it.

·
Registered
7,580 Posts
Do the revs increase but you dont speed up? or does it just loose power?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just loses power so i back off and slow down, when i put my foot down again boost builds for a few sec then it happens again.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
saab reds at standard pressure mate, ian i was gonna ask you if you had a spare uprated actuator that i could try so i can cut the boost being the problem out.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
also ive been told if i fit a mbc and set it to constant 16-18psi it should hold even if the actuator is weak? is that true cos if it is for the sake of £20 i'll give it ago. I know theres people running constant 18ish psi on saab reds / phase 2 / standard fuel pressure.

Tho i really want to get on to EVO 310 and run 440's

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i was just thinking if i could find one to try it would tell me that i need to buy one, but if it made no difference then the problem lies elsewhere like the turbo! ah!!!....

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
Have you bypassed the amal yet? Could be that the ecu is seeing to much boost,too high an intake temp or too lean a afr and the amal is pushing the boost back as a fail safe.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rs1 said:
Have you bypassed the amal yet? Could be that the ecu is seeing to much boost,too high an intake temp or too lean a afr and the amal is pushing the boost back as a fail safe.

Do you meen like by fitting a mbc? no i havnt mate thats what im thinking about doing.

I dont get the engine management light on or anything.

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
OK,i must say first that if the managemnt isn't happy,i.e you are running too lean,too hot you may melt your engine if you choose to rule out the actuator in this way:
Leave the amal plugged in electronicly but un pipe it from the turbo and run a new vac line direct from the turbo nipple to the actuator. Once this is done proceed to set the boost via actuator alone ruling out interferance from the amal and possiblities of a weak actuator. If the boost still tails off its likly to be a weak actuator or turbo dieing,can't really see it being the latter after reading your explanation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts