Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was out last night giving the loud pedal some stick and all seemed well then suddenly the car lost power and the ECU light came on for about a second and went off.
i then tried giving it some more and there is power there but the turbo isnt doing any thing at all and only measures zero on the boost gague when the engine is under load it also cuts out on tickover now where it didnt before
any ideas will be appreciated as this problem is on a very long list and its only been in a few months

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
sounds like an air leak to me mate. if you arent getting bst, it sounds like a major leak at that so best not be booting it about till you get it fixed.

wouldnt hurt to check the fault codes aswell. if that fails its time to get the exhasut elbow off and see if your penny valve is still there and that the shaft of the unit is free to turn.

rodgerq

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry mate,ive always known that bit as an airflow meter but not to worry
any way you were both right the problem turned out to be that the metal fitting coming from the top hat for the idle air valve had come out for what ever reason so that will have caused a very nasty air leak and the symptoms described.
thanks for the help guys as i thought this one was seriousley going to break the bank(again) lmao lmao

·
Registered
7,141 Posts
Yeah but the car wasn't running in the first place. It was more the fact that it wasn't running with it connected, if a hose had blown off then the amount of air being metered would be different to the amount entering the engine? I thought that by disconnecting the AMM it would default to limp home mode and therefore a preset reading from the AMM.

I remember you saying that you had a hose come off and to get home you disconnected the AMM and it made it home ok. Therefore it wouldn't run with connected but would with it disconnected. So by using the same theory you could potentially diagnose the same problem.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it did run but wouldnt tick over on its own without holding onto the throttle slightly and at lower engine speeds it did feel slightly pokier,now try explaining thst one

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.