Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i'm 21 and want to buy a transit van for buisness use and going back and forward upto 200 mile a day. basicaly my mate said i cant drive a transit till im 25 true or false? i thought i could:confused:

·
Registered
214 Posts
lol!!! complelty false, but you may find some insurers will be a bit wary!! there are still plent yout there who will insure you though....

·
Premium Member
7,679 Posts
You can drive anything up to a maximum laden weight of 3.5t, so yes, you can drive a Transit. :)

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
haha ive been driving them since i was 17and lad at work just passed his 7.5 ton at 19 so im afraid as already stated your mate is wrong

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool..im gonna give him a slap at work later...thought he was wrong cos my bro had one a couple of year ago and he'd only just past his test,but i didnt know if they had changed some laws or some s**t....cheers anyway guys:beer: :beer:

·
MIGClub Member
15,237 Posts
He got his facts from the fact that a lot of companies with vans have policies where the drivers have to be over 25 (my old employer incl). This is just a premium cutting exercise I expect.

CG

·
Registered
19,223 Posts
surprising how many people dont know that legally you can only do 60 on the motorway in a transit though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts