Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ace powers they have to remove the cars,with no insurance/licence/tax but why didnt they for the astra at the beginning?

That ANPR is rather fast too :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
yeh i saw that lee, but it dont check every car, lol. did u see it miss that mondeo?

it is pretty good though, they only need to park up at the side of the road aswell.

·
Registered
23,732 Posts
That program was crap

It needed to be another 5 hours longer to watch all the chavs get what they deserved :D

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Scary thing is that all the places shown last night were within 10 miles of where I live.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
BYRON 2 said:
Largest housing estate in Europe they said?! Didnt know that.lmao :rolleyes:
ApparentLy where i live is the largest housing estate/village in europe (or is that private housing...) Ingleby Barwick its called :p

·
91,273 Posts
They've had the system for a while now, and its only paying for itself now. The MOT stations and insurance companies are now pretty much all linked into the new DVLA system. If you don't get a 'PRINTED MOT' then its probably a dodgy MOT station, or there manually entering the details.

I think its a cracking idea, and i think the only reason they've made this program is to show everyone that they've got a new toy, and they will get caught.

The reason they don't give them to breakers is because they could be put back on the road, as is, most of the time if they don't have an MOT it cause its failed, now, due to the new mot system if it fails it gets logged onto the DVLA instantly that its failed, so this then shows up as failed on the database, rather than forgot.

Thats how i understand it anyway.

·
Registered
10,012 Posts
Do they have this system everywhere in the Uk?

I watched it, was a laugh watching their faces when he said We can now take your car away and destroy it,lol.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I honestly don't believe the lengths that some people go to in order to try and get off from being fined "I had to pick my daughter up from the hospital (via Mcdonalds)" I mean, how thick can you get?

The guy with the Renault 19 was a great role model for his kids too. I wonder what sort of respect they'll have for the authorities? :rolleyes:

Jim

·
91,273 Posts
IIRC Every motorway unit has it, and most of the 'trouble areas' have them, when i was last updated the money wasn't avaliable to get the system in area cars.

·
Registered
23,732 Posts
Andyt_321 said:
Quality when the guy started slashing his own tyres!!
lmao - then got charged with criminal damage against his own property lmao

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
A mate of mine was pulled over by a copper who had the system in his car, as it flags up if there is anything wrong with the owner i.e. if they are wanted (so I have been told). He got arrested, car towed and locked up in a cell for the night. Turned out it was for a crime he didn't commit and had been cleared of 2 years earlier but had been dealt with properly. Next day when it got cleared up he was let out of the cell's, then had to make his own arangements to get home, get the car documents and get back to the impound so he could prove the car was his - sorry but thats bang out of order if you ask me, it wasn't his fault yet he had to sort it at his cost!! That alone went to show the system isn't perfect, although I agree for its main purpose of catching illegal cars its good!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts