Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Moderator / Memberships
19,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got Sharon's Nova out of hibernation ready for the show tomorrow. The old girl needed jump starting tomove it out of the garden, then it ran out petrol! So we got some more fuel and used my best jump leads and Jamie-F's wagon to breathe some life into it once more:

Then I finished fitting my GSi seats, bought yesterday from Drizz, to the Mk3. Needed a trip to the scrappy to get some brackets due my old seats being facelift ones:

Very pleased with them and they are dead comfy. Has anyone fitted rear headrests to a GSi rear bench?

Then Sharon and I swapped wheels:

We decided that the Speedlines, although considered by many to be the ultimate Nova wheel, are too big for the Nova, and they don't look right somehow. Also there's fitting issues, some of the caps don't clear the shaft ends and they still catch despite rolled arches. After seeing another Nova with my wheels we've swapped for tomorrow's show, and on the way back we should be picking another set up (thanks Rich!)
Then Sharon went nuts and cleaned the Nova to death, and Benn and I finished putting my Dad's Xantia back together after a headgasket swap (thanks Benn!). Bloody stupid design on that poxy car, exhaust is blowing like a mo' fo'.

·
Administrator
61,453 Posts
the worlds biggest and heavyest jump leads!
and wwooohhhooo i got a mention

·
Registered
38,604 Posts
Feck!! The Astra looks spanking! I guess even more of a reason now for me to recondition those 6 spokers for you.

Are those the jump leads that Marek got?

·
Administrator
61,453 Posts
dont for get,we drove to see drizz in my diesel fester loan car,
and on the way back we broke the blower...so it was stuck on hot for haft the trip home....lmao

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
You sure they our long enough lol.

Spotted Sharon the other day heading home but was in the XR2i so didnt flash.

Suprised Benn took a break from mincing to get his hands dirty ;) :D

Will buzz the new Astra round when it turns up, hopefully before the next meet fingers crossed.

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
was about to say those leads are impressive, you astra is looking sweet dan your doing a good job there and u gotta love GSI front seats

btw du want me to lend you my chainsaw to hack down that post, such an accident hot spot

1 - 20 of 21 Posts