Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was flicking thriugh the Deemon Tweeks catalouge that I got free with Max a few months ago . I have seen a window tinting kit for 35 quid . However Im not sure of the rules of what you can and cant have . firstly do i have to declare it to the insurance company? The type I want is like a light smoke colour nothing heavy as my car already draws enough attention . Is this KIT VALUE FOR MONEY OR WOULD I BE BETTER PAING A PRO TO DO IT?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Whatever you do, don't use the spray tint :D

What can you get in a tinting pack then??? A squirty bottle, pair of scissors, scalple and a credit card??? Seems expensive for £30 or what ever it costs.

You can get a roll of tint for a tenner, get two light smoke and you can do all your windows with that - excluding windscreen.

I'd advise you take the glass out the doors too. Had any experience in tinting??? IT's a pain in the ar$e. Definatly need two of you doing it

Hope I helped a little

mark

·
Registered
528 Posts
If you willing to spend all weekend, definatly two of you, REALLY taking your time and possilby still not coming out with great results give it a go. If not then forget it and pay the pro's. Its expensive but lets face it. Looks wicked!!!

V

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is an extermely tedious job and once you have started there is no going back. And if you change your mind in a few months it is a [email protected]£%h to take off. I bought a car with the film alredy in and decided to take it off, the film pulls straight off but the adhesive was welded to the window and had to be scraped off every window with a Stanley blade. It took me 3 weeks! :mad:

Not to put you off though, if you do a good job you'll make your car look 100% better.

Dave

·
Registered
178 Posts
I looked at the pre-cut kit too. Looks good. Sides are easy, its just the rear thats 'fun' :) Just got to be quick really cos once you add your water or whatever the film stretches.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone know where i can get my car proffesionaly tinted then .Thats what you all seem to recomend ? What price should i realisticly be looking at ? about £150 or more?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.