Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Time to go through my box of car receipts... (pics)

871 views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  DaveB 
#1 ·
Decided that it would be a wise idea to go through the huge box of paperwork that I had for my car.

After a quick sort out it looked like this :eek:

Complete MOT history :)

All sorted into categories

Then there were the rolling road printouts I've amassed over 4 years...

..alongwith a big selection of quarter mile slips :eek:

As boring as that job was, it's interesting to see what you've spent on a car over the course of its life. Thankfully I decided not to add all the receipts up though lmao :p

See less See more
#7 ·
I've got the hand written sales receipt when the grandpa bought my car back in `79, it comes with the funky old michelin guide of hotels and breakdown services (mind you is that good that a new car comes with where to get breakdown help?).

add it up!!! it's like smokers adding up all their *** packets...erm, sort of

#17 ·
Nice collection, I've got all the build recipts from the early 1990's for the Bug... Might add them up for a laugh and a general sort out.

#19 ·
imcsherry said:
That's nowt, I've got 4 A4 files full of receipts in chronological order from 1997, there are hundreds and like you I dare not add it all up!
I've only had the car for nearly 4 years though ;)

What is annoying is that when you buy something cash ie. a £600 nitrous kit... I got no receipt :( same with the cage, bottle holders, and anything bling on my engine bay. Gotta be at least £3-4k worth of bits unaccounted for :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.