Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided that it would be a wise idea to go through the huge box of paperwork that I had for my car.

After a quick sort out it looked like this :eek:

Complete MOT history :)

All sorted into categories

Then there were the rolling road printouts I've amassed over 4 years...

..alongwith a big selection of quarter mile slips :eek:

As boring as that job was, it's interesting to see what you've spent on a car over the course of its life. Thankfully I decided not to add all the receipts up though lmao :p

·
Registered
26,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LEE69 said:
Go on for a laugh ;)

thats some history mate :)
er no :p Given that the pile of "rebuild receipts" amasses over £3,500 I've no intention of adding up the rest lmao

·
Registered
761 Posts
hehe, nice history, i duno whether ask for the total cost, as it would probably make you pass out lol, although would be a good laugh to find out

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
I wouldn't dare add up the receipts i have for mine, may make myself cry when i realise how much i've spent lmao

·
Registered
343 Posts
I've got the hand written sales receipt when the grandpa bought my car back in `79, it comes with the funky old michelin guide of hotels and breakdown services (mind you is that good that a new car comes with where to get breakdown help?).

add it up!!! it's like smokers adding up all their *** packets...erm, sort of

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
mine looks similar after 6 years of ownership and fsh so whats next dave once astra has gone dont say house thats what has stopped mine moving forward in last 2 years you never did take me out in car either lol

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Stunning car mate. I'm sorry you're selling it. :(

·
91,273 Posts
I'm thinking of adding mine up properly, wondering if £4k is enough for my car, leads you into the 'its an astra' vs 'i've spent £5k'.
lol

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
man lol a picture in its own right huh lmao

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
nickyboy said:
Nice one Dave, mine wasnt far off when i sold it. Had an A4 folder bursting at the seems with paperwork.
ah yes, but majority of yours was invoices for meguiars polish ;)

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
That's nowt, I've got 4 A4 files full of receipts in chronological order from 1997, there are hundreds and like you I dare not add it all up!

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Nice collection, I've got all the build recipts from the early 1990's for the Bug... Might add them up for a laugh and a general sort out.

·
Registered
26,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
imcsherry said:
That's nowt, I've got 4 A4 files full of receipts in chronological order from 1997, there are hundreds and like you I dare not add it all up!
I've only had the car for nearly 4 years though ;)

What is annoying is that when you buy something cash ie. a £600 nitrous kit... I got no receipt :( same with the cage, bottle holders, and anything bling on my engine bay. Gotta be at least £3-4k worth of bits unaccounted for :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts