Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after fitting my redtop in my nova the gerabox caught on the tie bar, so i used a grinder and took that of. now i cant fit the a/r/b without it hittin the 4branch! will spacing out the tie bar to crossmember mounts by 10-15mm effect the steering geometry much?...camber, tyre wear etc...
i dont know how people fit LETs in novas lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
You can buy lowered angle tie bar brackets!! that is what you want.

And i would also say leave the ARB off as it promotes understeer. But having a 20Xe over the front wont help.

Bruce

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
The lower tie bar mounts are to do with give the car +ve caster and better handling.

and also reduce "dive" under heavy breaking.

If you really want to run the ARB, then you only need to space the front two out and it will sit on an angle. some alloy block drilled in the right place in th emiddle of the sandwich will do it, you have to drill out the captive studs and use longer bolts.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
How doo!!!
i done this about 3 weeks ago and it does realy help , the traction is alot better and also when braking you hardley get any dive. But if you do lower them make sure you get the tracking reset.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so any idea how far to space them? i need camber and tracking settin anyway so that not a prob. also does the sump and 4branch sit a bit close 2 the ground on yours?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Hi im back!
I lowered mine by 20mm it was'nt hard to modify them all it just cost me about £15 for materials

1 - 14 of 14 Posts