Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone out there please tell me how to setup the position of the throttle switch on a 1991 Cavalier GSI. I think mine is not set right and want to check if its cutting in\out at the right throttle position. It's a switch type and not potentiometer. Also is there anyway of checking that the switches (2,i believe) inside are working.
Thanx.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
lee may said:
the switch should click as you turn it
Yeah you can just about hear it click at you push the butterfly flap back and forth.

Or if you have a DVM, connect DVM probes to the 2 oter pins (its a 3pin socket) set to ohms and you should see open or closed cct when you move the butterfly flap. Or you could have a wire loom fault/break and the TPS might be fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aha........i only get 1 click as the throttle opens, no click at full throttle. Looks like i need a new one, anyone know how much they are?

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
could look for a 2nd hand one in scrappy as they are common TPS's, about £5. Or a new one from www.autovaux.co.uk, but then again you never know, a new one from VX may be ok price. No idea on price though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now. I have 2 replies, 1 says 1 click and the other says 2 clicks. Can anyone tell me which is correct. I think it should be 2 clicks as it should have 2 switches in it as per Motronic document but if anyone knows any different.........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts