Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone chopped a standard manifold up, to retain original injection system for throttle bodies ?

i would assume it would all work as it should, with the TPS wired in, but what about the fly-by throttle / stepper motor, being disconnected - would the ecu throw a wobbly ?

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
That's similar to one of the Dbilas (sp?) systems - used throttle bodies with a plenum fed by the OEM AFM, and used the engine management.
I would expect the idle bleed to plumb into the plenum, as per the OEM setup.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's similar to one of the Dbilas (sp?) systems - used throttle bodies with a plenum fed by the OEM AFM, and used the engine management.
yeah, i was thinking, to do it like that, just replicate the original setup.

I would expect the idle bleed to plumb into the plenum, as per the OEM setup.
how does that part work gordo ? im not familiar with it

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
I was assuming the vehicle was a C20XE, plenum is between the throttle body and AFM - I had a wee brain fart there, as obviously it can't work the same way, exactly, closest you'll get is to have it connect to a small manifold feeding each runner downstream of the butterflies.
Not sure how well that would work, so might be best to just use a conventional idle speed screw incorporated with the the cable linkage. Throttle bodies I used did that, but I used the Jenvey setup and used their dual cable quadrant with one side used for a manual fast idle when cold/for warming up, with the other used as the actual throttle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What engine and ECU? C20XE works well because of the MAF sensor, but need remap. The other systems with MAP sensors you cant tune properly, the MAP sensor will get false things in the mid range. It works, but not proper.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What engine and ECU? C20XE works well because of the MAF sensor, but need remap. The other systems with MAP sensors you cant tune properly, the MAP sensor will get false things in the mid range. It works, but not proper.
yeah, sorry, i wasnt clear about that.
i was thinking of a Z18XE engine, when i asked the question, but ive just bought a Z20LET instead, so wont be doing that anymore.

maybe in the future tho, we'll see. bike carbs and ITB's, do sound awsome

1 - 6 of 6 Posts