Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to buy a new alarm for my car. I want a thatcham cat 1 alarm system. I have heard some good and bad things about Clifford, but i really fancy the Concept 300 they do. At £299 inc fitting etc it sounds a reasonable price.

So what are peoples experiences with these. Are they good or a pile of pants. Anyone own one?

Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Hiya m8

I just has a concept 300 put on my cav gsi and its excellent. Does what its supposed to do and no false alarms as of yet with a very effective immobiliser if fitted properly. Loud siren, with most functions operated from the carbon fibre look remote.

As with most things in life, you only get the basic alarm and immobiliser. I had to pay extra for the window closing module and while i was there i had the dual zone warn away sensor added too which is cool.

Just depends on your wallet. Toad are also good alarms.

·
Registered
9,358 Posts
I would'nt recomend Clifford at all, I had a concept 300 installed about 2 years ago by a place called Ultimate Audio in Croyden. It has already had the brain re-placed 4 times in the first year and I had to call the AA out twice to get him home as I could'nt dis-arm the imobilser, The microwave sensor also causes a lot of false alarms, and as soon as the outside temp goes below 0 degress it also false alarms, I would steer well clear and go for a toad, far more reliable.

SEAN

·
Administrator
29,659 Posts
i have a clifford concept 300 the g4 version on my gsi, and apart from keeping my remote over the interior prox sensor for 2 days it has been 100% no probs no false alarms

no probs at all

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.