Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed this morning that me funky little valve caps (hexagonal in silver with vauxhall logo on top), had been robbed!! I mean what is the world coming to, with people that rob valve caps for christ sake!! :mad: . Annoying thing is that they were the first modyfing bit i stuck on my car all of three years ago. Must have been when i was in town yesterday. Oh well onto the phone to demon tweeks, this time for anti-theft ones :) .

Also other thing is been offered a 1.6 8v engine and gearbox including delivery for £200. Is this a reasonable price? I'm quite sure it is but am unsure of mileage etc...so unsure whether to say yes. Though i am not too bothered as i will have a crack at rebuilding it and porting, polishing , getting cam etc..

[ 14-07-2001: Message edited by: John ]

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
I spotted a kid trying to nick my valve caps.
First he walked round the car, which got me suspicious.
After a good look round he knelt down by the front wheel. I pressed the panic button on the alarm. You should have seen him **** his self, he crapped it so much that he ran right into the road in front of a car. Quality entertainment :D :D :D

·
Registered
214 Posts
they stole my oval side repeaters of my car i didnt belive it till i went to get another set they was 5 quid each now i know why, and if u ask me buying expensive valve caps is daft thats just askin for trouble u dont even need a driver to get them off

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
They must of been impressed with the little air deflector on the wiper blades and thought nice performance mod. :rolleyes:
Miniturboed got his valve caps nicked by some little ****£rs aswell.
I should devise a new car security system, the system would electricute anyone touching the car or damaging the doors by banging into them with their doors in a car park :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: !!.

·
Registered
12 Posts
F*uck payin out the arse for expensive anti-theft valve caps, I bought my set of caps for £4 about 18 months ago from halfords, little red anodised jobby's.

Applied thread lock to them and put them on with a 10mm spanner whilst holdin the valve stem with pliers.

I am forever seein marks in the brake dust where little f*ckers have been tryin to rob em.

They havn't managed too yet!!

Just use a mild thread lock, so they do come off if u want them too!! ;)

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Well I recently got a set of the anti theft caps. Trouble is, its only a tiny wee grub screw that locks them on but the cap itself is hexagonal so any wee scrote with a bike spanner will try to have them off and will wreck the valve screw thread while trying to remove them. I usually just put me caps on with a wee adjustable spanner so at least they are more than finger tight. I also only put my Kahn (£20 squid a set!) caps on for shows and use cheap ones the rest of the time.

A word of warning, do take them off from time to time (you should be checking your tyre pressure regularly anyway.) and keep them greased or they will seize on. One of my valves went pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssht when it blew off!

Chameleon. :eek:

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
If you ever catch someone trying to nick your caps give them a good kicking please. Some f**ker stole my mountain bike last night. I'm well pissed off. It was a Marin Bear Valley which cost me £450. I can claim on insurance I know, but to think some little gimp feature has made off with it, when I had to work to buy that!

·
Registered
67 Posts
You can't trust any f*****!

Hey ya people all new to this but i kid you not i had my number plates nicked off me car once!, and then when i went and told the police (incase of the ****s doin ahit and run), they thought it was f***** hillarious! so i wonder what there like when they see a theif comin out some ones house!.:D :D :D

·
Registered
23,733 Posts
lmao another newbie bumping old threads ..........

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.