Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24351 Posts

·
Registered
11,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
sooooo, whats everyone upto nowadays?

im in the process of painting wheels and planning some sort of method to get a van for a parts pick up. also today is the first day in 2 weeks iv actually woke up before 12! lol. and its sunny!

·
Registered
8,027 Posts
Lucky bugger! Im in work not doing too much mainly chilling reading the news and browsing mig. Bout time we got a random chat thread! lmao Its sunny down this way too bet as soon as 5 comes it will start raining!

·
Registered
11,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a long as iv got my wheels done il be happy :p back to the grind next week tho. back shift=homer central!

·
Registered
8,027 Posts
What you do?

Should hopefully have quite a busy weekend got a roll cage and some other stuff coming and my engine is due to get sent now too so should have that soon too. Means stripping the Corsa down swapping the engines, paint the interior and engine bay. Then its time to fix the bodywork before it falls off lmao

Anyone wanna swap a set of Speedlines in 16 for a set of 17 MIM 5 spokes lmao (got to have 2 good T1-R's on them ;))

·
Registered
11,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
final year machinst/sheet metal worker/welder apprentice (they call it a technician apparently) comes in handy for doing a spot of diy! lol.
sounds like it! you still got that bodykit or are you seen sense and fitted a gsi kit :p what spec of engine? still an xe?

·
Registered
12,650 Posts
Well, I am at home and car-less at the moment. The Mrs's car is in the garage and she has mine. :(

Just plotting how I am going to take over the world. And teaching myself how to play piano! Wish I chosen the guitar now!!

·
Registered
11,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
still not sold it then? how hard can it be to put a bairn in the back of the coupe? dont fancy cleaning puke from the alcantra mind tho!

·
Registered
12,650 Posts
lmao - No bairns here - I have warned my little fella's to take a few years off. I will let them know when I need them!

Well, its one of those undecidable things whether to sell or keep. I just took the induction kit off and its going a lot better now!

·
Registered
11,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol! go on keep it! you've spent ages modding, breaking, fixing it might as well enjoy it while you can. how long you had it? been at least 2 years has it not?

·
Registered
12,650 Posts
18 months. I would miss it and the mid range torques.

·
Registered
11,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wish i could keep a car that long, in the past 2 and a bit years iv had like 7 cars! lol.

·
Registered
12,650 Posts
Its the second longest I have ever had a car. Longest was my old 2.2

And this is my 16th car I think...

·
Registered
11,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ah thats fine then makes me seem normal lol. well im off to do a bit of painting. il report back later.

·
Registered
8,027 Posts
final year machinst/sheet metal worker/welder apprentice (they call it a technician apparently) comes in handy for doing a spot of diy! lol.
sounds like it! you still got that bodykit or are you seen sense and fitted a gsi kit :p what spec of engine? still an xe?
Sounds likes fun! Loads more interesting the my job. Im a claims advisor for Pru motor claims.

It's still got the kit on it, just! Once all the engine stuff is sorted and the interior is done im gonna put a SRi bumper back on the front and probably GSi skirts. Since its been key'd and stone chipped to **** its gonna go rattle can black.

The engine thats going in is indeed another XE. Ported and gas flowed head, bronze valve guides, 34mm inlet valves, 30mm exhuast valves, new lifters, seats, springs etc, Courtney cams, Turbosport verneir pulleys, Rebuilt bottom end, Mahle pistons, Steel rods, ARP 2000 rod bolts, alloy crank pulley, Sard FPR, Ashely 4-2-1 manifold all wrapped up, Powerflow 2.25 exhaust. Got all new gaskets, and bolts etc to put on, new oil filter and that sort of stuff. So shoul dbe pretty much new. Still gonna be on the standard intake and management. TB's and megasquirt will come later.

·
Registered
11,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lugy i have a van and i'm needing to pick parts from Glasgow maybe hatch a plan
hmmm? *does beard stroking thing. pm'd in a min

Sounds likes fun! Loads more interesting the my job. Im a claims advisor for Pru motor claims.

It's still got the kit on it, just! Once all the engine stuff is sorted and the interior is done im gonna put a SRi bumper back on the front and probably GSi skirts. Since its been key'd and stone chipped to **** its gonna go rattle can black.

The engine thats going in is indeed another XE. Ported and gas flowed head, bronze valve guides, 34mm inlet valves, 30mm exhuast valves, new lifters, seats, springs etc, Courtney cams, Turbosport verneir pulleys, Rebuilt bottom end, Mahle pistons, Steel rods, ARP 2000 rod bolts, alloy crank pulley, Sard FPR, Ashely 4-2-1 manifold all wrapped up, Powerflow 2.25 exhaust. Got all new gaskets, and bolts etc to put on, new oil filter and that sort of stuff. So shoul dbe pretty much new. Still gonna be on the standard intake and management. TB's and megasquirt will come later.
quality, will we see it out at knockhill then?

·
Registered
11,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well iv finished 2 wheels, just got to get my dad to take tyres of the other 2 at his work. should get them done tomorrow night and back on the car on friday for heading to neils.
and yes i know there are scrapes on them, i just painted over them. not going to be a show car so lets not pretend. lol. maybe one day if im bored il rub them out. maybe not lol.

·
Registered
8,027 Posts
Yes it will be :) Shoul dhopefully all be done before the next Speed Sunday and I will get to that.

Wheels look good mate! Like the flying chips on there too

·
Registered
11,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cheers.
you might as well stay up this way for the dunfermilne meet afterwards. have to get a mig team on the go and take over pizza hut. lol.

·
Registered
8,027 Posts
lol sounds good, I do like a bit of Pizza hut!

I aint made it to a Scottish meet yet as im sure everyone know lmao :( Everytime the last Sunday comes either my car gets broken or something happens and I cant go!

Its electrical fault central in my car the now. Fix one fault code, get another.

1 - 20 of 24351 Posts