Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some of you will already know this but i have had a bit of a problem the engine in my gte has now covered about 1500 miles and yesterday went on the rolling road to have an idea of what it is putting out so after putting it on the rollers i came out with some figures i washappy with

152.9 bhp at the wheels
188.3 at the fly
and 159 flb of tq

not bad for a rebuild standard bottom end on tb's running a standard map

so feeling quite pleased i took it out last night to paignton had a good night starded to come back all ok good oil perssure etc

when i thought i herd a knocking noise so i slowed down no noise thought ummm never mind carryed on down the a38 and then i herd the noise again but this time it did not go away so i slowed down and tryed to get somewhere i could safely stop as it not a very good duel carrage way to just stop on got to the next exit and as i pulled of the engine died

i have not yet had time to take it apart as to be honest i am not in the mood but i think it is pretty conclusive as to the problem now before ppl jump to conclutions i belive i know where the problem came from after the engine had dont 120 miles one of the oil cooler pipes managed to work itself free and rubbed on the bottom pully causing it to split so i belive this is when the damage was dont and it is not till now it has surfaced :( :( :(

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea no nos i was just going back at a normal pace minding my own busness the nos was only run for one bottle in the wet s there is no way it was caused by that

·
Registered
27,217 Posts
i meant bhp on rollers. I was expecting more power off nos, due to the way Chip was talking. How much nos you running?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts