Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hate car garages, why do they feel the need to rip us off, and why when there suppose to be the proffesionals do they bodge things, i also spent over a 1000 notes on my car a few months after i got it and im still finding things that have been bodged now, but at least i know there being sorted know, i had 3 new mounts and have just discovered that on the gearbox front mount, only 1 out of 3 bolts has been put back in, y surely its as easy to just put all 3 back in,
and checked my invoice to find i was charged £12 for a vaux air filter, cool - shame ive got a green flow one, and had it since i got the car - and dont own an air box to house a vaux one - this being one of the better car garages ive used

then theres the Bosch service centre - should be o.k with them , sureley theyll have no problems sorting out the fact i have no feed for my fuel pump from the ecu, well £305 later and car running the same , and still no fuel pump feed, nice.

any way sorted it myself, changed ecu £50 - so why cant they do it

·
Registered
18,393 Posts
at least they didnt take your car racing
my mot is up next week, i am paying extra to go to a garage with a viewing area, and i wil stand there staring at them while they do it lmao
i hate garages

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i tell you what i dont blame you 1 bit 16vastra with my experiences with "the proffesionals". I can see why the majority of people do there own work on the cars, as at least you know its been done properly. Good luck with the mot, hope its a nice cheap one for ya

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I find that its best to find someone your happy with, get to know them and then stick with that company. My garage know the quality of service i expect due to the large amount of money it eats!! I dont cut corners and i dont do bodges!

unfortunately you do tend to find some scary places out there :eek:

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
i get my mate to fix my car he has a gte and looks after it.
he treats my car with the same dedication.

i will never go back to a garage......unless its my dads friends one.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts