Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or does anyone else live in a sh***y boring little town where there is nothing to at any time, never mind a Fri night? A good night out here involves a 40 mile trip to the nearest city! The local cars are generally crap, and there is no cruise scene at all!
So does anyone else have to live in a place like this?

·
Registered
10,856 Posts
Well its the same here in Reading.
Although its a biggish town with alot of modded vaux metal flying about there doenst appear to be any cruises or even general meetings, Unless im sadly misinformed. Someone did tell me that VPCC have a region here but I havent heard owt yet. Shame really cos there are one or two people I woulod love to speak to about their cars. ;) :cool:

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
Well Gloucester is a bit of hole in a lot of ways. But Cheltenham does have a small time Sunday night cruise thing that used to involve people haring round the one way system. It's a bit more sensible now with people meeting up at the Halfords car park. Police seem to let it happen without any hassle.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi anskills, im from Montrose actually. Not too far from you! Yeah Amadeus is pretty cool. If im out in Aberdeen we usually start in the Archibald Simpson and work round the pubs, ending up either in Amadeus or the Bud Bar. How often do you end up in Aberdeen?

·
Registered
12,430 Posts
Been to Aberdeen a few times myself , few yrs ago mind, The following pubs I can remember: Tap Room (near station),tilted wig?, blue lamp. and the Prince of Wales - that had a huge bar. And one down by the docks that we got a pint in at 7am!!! Is it schooners bar mate?? We should organise a northern meet ie towards the North as it cant be much fun for members such as yourself with the cost of petrol to attend other meets! I for one would come ! Or maybe a MIG scottish meet? only fair innit? Why not have a word with Chameleon and see if you cant throw something together..I bet a lot of MIG members wouldnt mind a weekend in Scotland!!!! Sort it out lads. :D :D

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, theres some rough as f##k pubs around the docks where you can get a pint pretty much any time you want if you are brave enough! The mesh over the windows and furniture bolted to the floor gives you a general idea of what to expect over a busy weekend!
I have to agree with you Pete, a Scottish weekend would be a top idea. Somewhere around central Scotland would mean only a couple of hours drive for most Scottish folk, and maybe some folk from northern England could come too, its about a 3hr blast from Manchester to Glasgow. Or what about having it around the borders somewhere?
As for a location, anyone got any ideas? Theres the drag strip at Crail where i think they now have a short track and wide spaces for handling tests etc, or Knockhill circuit. What does everyone think?

[ 15-07-2001: Message edited by: davie d ]

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
10 of us ended up in Amadeus on Saturday just past dave d. Didnt get busy til about 1 o'clock but the flange there was quality! (as always!) Started with carryout in cars on way up, then Codonas, then mustards (used to be called Heroes or something, sports pub next door to amamdeus) then into the club. was a bit of a blur but a good night was had by all. They have to get some decent drink on tap though, mcewans lager or blackthorn isnt much of a choice for a club that size. Do you stay up in travelodge overnight when you go up or just nominate a couple of drivers? Also you ever out in dundee at the mardi gas or wherever? :cool:

[ 17-07-2001: Message edited by: anskills ]

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anskills - i work in Aberdeen so usually just pass out on a mates sofa/floor/garden - whatever is handy! Havent been out in Dundee for ages(about 4 years actually) coz of finding somewhere to stay or trying to persuade someone to drive. Funny, no-one ever seems to be too keen on having a bunch of really drunk folk in their car for the journey home! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.