Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was getting the car all ready to go to Mod Nat this weekend to set off tonight, fitted new started motor (after last one on way home from Donny)
got her up and running all fine and sorted.

had a go of fitting the turbo, got it up and running and it then she started to shout HOT HOT HOT lmao turned her off (after not really running for long) to find she had poped the head gasket
do not know weather its from the Donny trip (i notice at Donny weekend a few weeks back she had been running hot but kept my eye on it all and she seamed to be fine) or from playing with the turbo

well gutted :(

have to take the engine out to get to the back engine section and re done the timing belt after it only being run for maybe 24 hours :(

have spoken to alot of people with the V6 engine and they have said there all like this, they run hot anyway and there can very easyly have the gasket go

one of them thing i supose more gutted about not going to this show at the weekend more then anything

just means i can paint all the engine up now shes out and on my bentch
she will be fixed and back for next weekend
for fast car scotland

she hasent even had the NOS yet ontop

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
leesturbo said:
so y r u sitting at ya computer , get the bonnet open and tool up lmao
work on her to much today, fianl straw lmao
i have a corsa 2lt turbo to play with tonight (run her around to make sure everythings ok)
she will be sorted by next weekend

anyone know of anyways of keeping heat down, or any better head gaskets which can take that little bit more ???

·
Registered
16,891 Posts
i think heat is a major issue with the v6 and that is under a larger bonnet, i recon in the bay of a corsa it would probly be worse :confused: let alone having an 'obrut' under there as well :eek:

serious venting of the bonnet is going to help loads.

after takin the v6 out of the omega its a job i wouldnt like to do again.... no way in a corsa.... no.... chuffin.... way!!!!!!! :(

that is tuf luck mate :(

a mate of mine running a hybrid had cut rally style vents in the bonnet and meshed underneath... looked mega. alternate triangles 5 of them all close up

\/ /\ \/ /\ \/

^that sort of thing :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.