Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
MIGClub Member
14,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is at just the right height!!!! I'm very please with the looks.

Ride quality is pretty much the same as before until you start hitting pot holes. The spring are progressive and load up quickly to give very good cornering.

I am extremely please with this set-up and will recommend it to anyone.

The kit I have consists of H&R springs, with GMax shocks.

On speaking to a few people at the Autosport show, it turns out that GMax shocks are Bilstein sprints with different paint colour and stickers. Billies and GMax shocks are all made by DeCarbon.

The GMax shocks cost half that of Billies and seem to match the springs very well as I seem to have no bounce going over speed bumps.

Highly Recommended. :)

·
MIGClub Member
14,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've sold the looney engine - I'll be fitting a pretty standard LET when I find one cheap.

I'm going to be taking photos today, sso I'll post them up later - nothing special looking mind.

·
MIGClub Member
14,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The springs were £120 and the shocks were £125. These prices are using the MIGClub Demon Tweeks discount.

Here is a photo I just took.

·
Premium Member
16,006 Posts
Now all you need to do is give it a wash;)

·
Registered
45,356 Posts
Looks good.Just seen one in torquay,had to look at the plate to make sure it wasnt you....mind you he did have his fog lights on lmao

·
MIGClub Member
14,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mods so far include the suspension (as described), clear side repeaters, lense covers, Alloys, V6 brakes, Vauxhall matts, a bit of ICE, electric sunroof.... that's about it.

Not much is going to change either except the engine and obviously the exhust which will need upgrading. I may also fit a boost gauge and oil pressure gauge in the ashtray.

·
MIGClub Member
14,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh - GSi rear spoiler is on the way too.

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
MikeWarner said:
On speaking to a few people at the Autosport show, it turns out that GMax shocks are Bilstein sprints with different paint colour and stickers. Billies and GMax shocks are all made by DeCarbon.

The GMax shocks cost half that of Billies and seem to match the springs very well as I seem to have no bounce going over speed bumps.

Highly Recommended. :)
:eek: wel ya learn something new everyday.

Definately same as Sprintline shocks Mike?, not streetline?

·
MIGClub Member
14,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
errr.... I'll have the double check on the name - they are the second in the range - i.e the cheap billies, the fast road ones then the track ones. The Gmax ones are the same as the fast road ones.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
G-MAX???

Thats settled it for me then. Had been looking for a cheap suspension kit for my Nova. Larkspeed sell the G-max kit for the Nova for £180 for 4 x -60mm springs and dampers. I had wondered what the quality was like, thanks for asking my question Mike :)

Oh btw, car looks sweet ;)

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
the cars looking fab
but g-max hedgemaster kit, hmm, i hope theyve got a bit better since last year. G-max kit made my mates xr4i handle like a big bag af spunk.

·
MIGClub Member
14,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've never had Eibach Pro Springs, but H&R are very highly regarded in Europe.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts