Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Ive had my omega for two years now and never had any probs with it until last week when my temp gauge started creeping up past 95ish which it has never done before as it normaly stays just below 95 and when it goes past this mark the fan kicks in and brings it back down,But lately the fan has been on all the time and its starting to worry me a bit.
Any ideas what the normal operating tem is for a 2.0l ecotec engine as it says nothing in the haynes manual or am i worried for nothing?
Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
the normal temp for most cars is around 80-90 but if its creaping slowly there could be a head gasket problem have u checked the oil for like a whitey yellow sludge

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the car runs fine and shows no signs of head gasket probs but something sure is not right

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
car comes up to around 95 ish then fan comes on just as the hot tempreture warning light comes on and car is on about 100 then the fan brings it back down to aroun 95ish

·
Registered
21 Posts
cld be your water pump, as the water isn't getting round. and causeing the temp to rise slowly?
check this as it cld lead to gasket problems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts