Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i mean will it be in the log book? or anything like that? i aitn sure and when i put it down for the insurance i put hi-torque because i wasn;t sure.

·
Registered
23,733 Posts
SPI=60bhp
MPI=82bhp

·
Registered
23,733 Posts
For what its worth and insurance increases for having a "modified" vehicle, I'd sell the SPI and buy an MPI.

I've got the SPI myself and dont know what all the fuss is about - its "adequate" rather than fast admittedly but I've only put £30 worth of fuel in it in the past month and a half lmao - I can live with that :)

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
well 60 HP V's 82 - TOTALLY DIFFERENT its essentually about 30-35% more horse power!

What the differance is on the road i don't know, but i know which one i would rather have....neither ;) seriously though a 60hp 1.4 would be utterly gutless, the closest i've got to comparing the two is a guy i know has a 1.4 high Torque MK3 Astra and i had my Z14XE engine in my MK4 Astra.

60Hp 1.4 8V in lighter shell V's 90Hp 1.4 16V in heavier shell -> Didn't expect to beat him that badly! of course at that time i didn't know there were two variants of the 1.4 8V and once i got home and did a bit of reading up i felt a whole lot less impressed at beating a lighter car lol (i thought it had 82hp and i left him for dead and was really chuffed!)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.