Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just brought another car to add to my collection and I was wondering who else cant resist a bargain when it comes to cars... :rolleyes:

Here is my collection.

My latest purchase, a Toyota Supra 3.0ltr Turbo. I have always wanted a Jap supercar (A Skyline GTR is what I wanted) and this was too good an offer to miss.

I just gave it a quick polish with Autoglym and although it really needs a mopping it still came out really well.

The bodywork is sound and then engine runs perfectly, she is a real flyer.

I also got my new company car I have been waiting 4 months for. A :beer: for anyone who can guess what it is... ;)

Then there is my BMW 320SE and Astra convertible.

So I have a car for whatever my mood (Or the weather) might be. :cool:

·
Registered
38,604 Posts
Car in question is a Skoda Superb Estate...'Superb' being one of the daftest names for a car. But a nice car, none the less.

Like the new Supra. Very tidy.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SimonP said:
Car in question is a Skoda Superb Estate...'Superb' being one of the daftest names for a car. But a nice car, none the less.

Like the new Supra. Very tidy.

Wrong.... Try again Simon. ;)

The Supra is very tidy and I can have 6 months of fun with it and then sell it for more than it has cost me, including insurance, tax and everything. :cool:

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
peteastra said:
Octavia ?
Correct.. its one of the first estate versions of the new Octavia in the country. 2.0Ltr DOHC Turbo Diesel. 140BHP 330 Lb Torque its a flyer.

Its also the Elegance version with 6 speed gearbox, Dual climate control, cruise control and everything else electric.

These cars are the best kept secret on the roads all because most people are badge snobs.... :D

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
too true the skodas are awesome cars :)

although my current fleet isnt a patch on yours :)

2 cavaliers one 2l spi hatch and a 2l 16v sri saloon

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Didnt skoda come out with a mega quick petrol turbo? The rs or something? What does that kick out?

Liking the supra but dont think i could even run one on petrol! :)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Cathcart cav said:
Didnt skoda come out with a mega quick petrol turbo? The rs or something? What does that kick out?

Liking the supra but dont think i could even run one on petrol! :)
Yeah they did a (iirc) RS version of octavia- same engine as Audi TT- couple of unmarked plod down here with those- although not seen them for yonks

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Theres a guy at my local essport garage with one! He swears by it sayin if there chipped the are mega quick. What tt engine? Mind you get the quatro and such like? Think your talkin bout the 1.8 turbo. Would love to take one for a drive...

As to thread.. I only have a cav and cal atm. Had a nova, 306 and astra mk3. All snail mobiles! :)

Wots "iirc" ??

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tomstickland said:
BOUGHT!

Anyway, how do you insure all that lot?
Thanks Tom.... :D

Its and advantage being 37 years old. ;) The Supra is on a Classic car policy with 3000 miles a year and cost me £280.00 for the year. Thats without any no claims bonus because they are used on the other cars.

Sometimes I like being an old git.... :cool:

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Owen said:
oh and brian- this thread is the motoring equivilent of you whacking your manhood out on the table - flash git :p lmao
You know what they say about men who drive flash cars.... Well its not true... :D

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Brian Stirrup said:
You know what they say about men who drive flash cars.... Well its not true... :D
What?? Small knobs??? I must say i'm a believer! Only because my cars slow though! lmao

1 - 20 of 60 Posts