Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what symptoms would you get if the exhaust gasket ir from turbo manifold to the head was leking
would it affect performance

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
you would get a loud ticking noise if you can get a long peice of pipe and put one end to your ear and the other end put it all around the manifold and it will get quite loud when you have found the leak.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
i think i have the same prob and i would say erratic idle as on mine and increased fuel consumption?
at least this is what mine does and and i notice that there is some black carbon someplace on the gasket which is probably leading to leak.
i am sure that the O2 is reading wrong with the leak. just want to make sure is just that as i have to remove the radiator to do it in my car as it is very close to the turbo due to the aircon condenser.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
daveb948576 said:
you would get a loud ticking noise if you can get a long peice of pipe and put one end to your ear and the other end put it all around the manifold and it will get quite loud when you have found the leak.
dave,

great idea with the pipe. i was just searching on the bay for a vacuum leak detector.
will do the pipe trick tomorrow morning as it is almost 3:00am here now :(

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so just leave a rubber pipe arond that area i sure myn is leaking i get as tring hiss on boost but boost is stable, incresed fuel consumption the idle someties goes upto 1500 after a hard drivr but comes down vry slowly turbo is only year old

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
leesturbo said:
click click click or tick tick tick
that is supposed to be the sound of the leak?
mine does this everywhere when i switch the car off lmao

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
replaced mine today and it was indeed fecked up.
still having erratic idle though.
wonder what's next.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts