Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can any one helpi want to put 8 inch sub in each door of my cavalier mk2 is this advisable what does it involve and what type of sound will it give and can the b line
damage the door in any way.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I wouldn't advise this,

a- There probably isnt enough room in a door to house the magnet, but I'm not sure.

b-there almost definately isn't enough air in a door to run a sub.
It will just be like a bass speaker, nothing specail and not worht the hassle.

get a solid good quality 6.5 inch speaker for the doors, and 10 inch subs for the boot.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I don't think its the volume of air you need to worry about, its the quality of the 'enclosure'. Enclosures by design need to be absolutely sealed, or ported by one or two predefined, measured ports. A door on the other hand has so many holes, it would be impossible to seal the door properly. You'd have to do away with the window and door lock mechanisms as a start!

You would do better using speakers that don't rely as much on a good enclosure, such as standard mid range speakers, or perhaps 6x9's at a push.

You can fit them in custom enclosures by your feet, where the bonnet release catch is and the corresponding place on the passenger side. It would need a bit of carpet work, and you would have to reroute the bonnet release, neither job is too much trouble.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
One (expensive) possibility is the wee Utopia subs by Focal, they do wee 5 inch ones which pack a serious wallop for their size! I'll find out a bit about them tomorrow...

Chameleon.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Hee, hee. Good one!! Anyone who can justify 1000 dollars for a pair of component speakers, or 900 dollars for a single subwoofer, needs to have their head examined!!

Or is there a cheaper shop you're thinking of?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.