Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
APART FROM THE OBVIOUS HOLE IN THE POCKET RESPRAY, ANY SUGGESTIONS ON GETTING RID OF STONE CHIPS ON A BLUE ASTRA GSI WITH WHITE PRIMER UNDERNEATH. STARTING TO PISS ME OFF NOW. WHY THE HELL DID VAUXHALL GO AND USE A WHITE PRIMER!! :mad:

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Get an aerosol of the right paint from halfords, spray some into the lid and wait for it to thicken ever so slightly, then use a cocktail stick to place single drops into each chip. It wont look perfect, but looks heaps better than white spots everywhere. Polishing your car with any kind of polish that dries to a white powder leaves residue in all imperfections, making them more obvious, so using something like Colour Magic polish will help too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just tried this Color Magic Plus which includes the little lipstick (that's what the girlfriend calls it) which is supposed to fill in the stone chips. Bollocks, don't waste your money on it!!
Dave i'll have a go at your idea, cheers m8.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Think you've got problems? U have'nt seen my paint! My car has got the dreaded metallic blue peel/flake syndrome. The grey primer shows through in patches- the previous owner has done some kind of botch job with touch up paint. I've got stone chips too so might try davies idea. Also coloured wax and restorer can work to cover up chips temporarily. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Try havin a black GTE with the full stone chipped bonnet and white primer, plus my back arches have gone blue from the moisture getting underneath paintwork.

I was going to try a chipstick but I think I'll just try colour polish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.