Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I fitted my new momo steering wheel.
Its not fell off yetlmao

I've got a query. On the face of the boss(where the wheel bolts to) it has top and an arrow etched on it.
If you have the writing central and facing up the wheel won't sit straight, So i just used one of the bolt holes to line up the wheel.

Now, when i indicate the indicators knocks off weird now.
If I indicate left, it takes a quarter turn to the left to knock off, this seems fine to me.
However to knock the right indictaor off you have to turn the wheel one full lock to distinguish the indicator.

Where have i gone wrong?
And Gaz, before you say a word.....THERE IS NO INSTRUCTIONSlmao

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
mine does this on my std vaux wheel as it's fitted slightly off centre.

not sure how the bosses attach but it sounds like that ain't centrally attached

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright chap, how ya doing;)

Well, the standard wheel was not fitted centrally.
last time i had the tracking sorted the wheel was about a quarter of a turn out, so I took the wheel off and put it straight.
the indicators were fine on the standard wheel after this.

The new boss is in the same place as the standard wheel.

I'm getting the tracking done on monday. I'll wait until that is done, then re-fit the wheel and take it from there

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
With after market bosses the pokey out bit (whatsithingymajig!) is built in to the boss whereas on the old wheel i think there are multiple thigymajigs (whatyacallems), if the boss is off centre then the indicators wont switch off at quite the right time, you need to centre the boss put the wheel on wonky then adjust the tracking till the wheel sits straight again.

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know the thingymajig things you're on aboutlmao
There was only one on my GSi wheel:confused:

So, i need to put the boss on with the wheels centred, but put the boss with the writing centred. This then puts the wheel off centre. Then get the tracking sorted until the wheel sits straight?

makes sense now you say it.
I'll give that a try over the weekend and get the tracking sorted on monday;)

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've just been to the garage who will track the car on monday for me.
He reckons adjusting the tracking to correct the steering wheel is not the best idea.

Is he just talking crap?
Anybody actually fitted a momo boss to there Vaux??

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So you mean, Fit the boss so the tab for cancelling the indictors is equal either side?
I'll try that. But if that means the word top is in the middle then i know the wheel is out.
If this is the case then surely the only cure is to track the wheels until the wheel is straight?

·
Registered
45,356 Posts
Terry said:
So you mean, Fit the boss so the tab for cancelling the indictors is equal either side?
Yes

I cant remeber a stamp of top on mine,but tbh i dont think mine is a momo boss.

I just put mine central,then put the wheel on.

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine defo has the stamp. I've emailed Momo to see wha they say, it's probably just me getting it wronglmao

I'll give it a try on sunday.
Fingers crossed:D

·
Registered
10,648 Posts
Terry said:
I'll try that. But if that means the word top is in the middle then i know the wheel is out.
If this is the case then surely the only cure is to track the wheels until the wheel is straight?
Thats right retard, don't alter the tracking just put the hub on till its right ignore the top thing.

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Done that FAG boy.
But the indicators knock off funny and its pissing me off

1 - 12 of 12 Posts