Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
13,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.... I know its down to the 600kg zone..... just wondered whats been done to it....

I'm sure someone posted this before but I cant find it on the search! :eek:

Anyway, just wondering if that included plastic windows and fibreglass panels/bonnet/tailgate or whether its still all the original metalwork??

Cheers.

Mark

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
would have throught for that weight fibreglass boot, bonnet, doors would be a necessity.

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
the weight is an est.... how much does a 2.0 16v weigh?? i've removed everything to the extent of lightining the ecu loom the engine is stripped of all unneed metal and pipe work... added a cage... it doesn't have windows, only one seat lightweight wheels etc etc

·
Registered
944 Posts
i remember reading about Brett Warbottons nova and he recond it had lost 13 stone, anyone know what that is in Kilograms?

He had plastic windows a chuncky roll cage and loads of carbon fiber, and a striped interior mmm nice car.

A bog standard nova weights 740kg and thats with a 1litre engine:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
That's the mint green one yeah?? 13st = 14x13lbs/2.2
=82 kgs ish. Not bad
Someone ask Cloin Smith, he's car was carbon everything to get the weight off, that had a small block engine too, so light than a 2.0L st start with

·
Registered
9,219 Posts
b eatin u said:
i remember reading about Brett Warbottons nova and he recond it had lost 13 stone, anyone know what that is in Kilograms?

He had plastic windows a chuncky roll cage and loads of carbon fiber, and a striped interior mmm nice car.
That was 13st down from his last spec which was already kinda stripped down iirc.

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
the weight is an est
Get it on a weigbridge. Most sand and gravel places have one and they'll probably do you a weight for nothing.

I think you'll find it closer to 700KG.

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
Well, turnkey XE weighs about 175 with F20.

How much did the nova weigh before stripping? 775-825 or something? There’s conceivably 120-150kg weight-loss from gutting the car fastidiously. Add in XE extra weight.

I recon 700 is probably a pretty good guestimate.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts