Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is the standard tyre/rim size for a 1.7TD?

I need to know as I have just bought a set of Cesaro's. They're 15 inch rims with 195/60's. The wheels I had on before were 195/60/R14. After using a tyre calculator, the speedo would read 4.2% to slow

If the 195/60/R14 is the standard, I have a choice between to tyre sizes.
Either 195/55 which the speedo would read 1% to slow, or 205/50 and the speedo would read 1% to fast. What obstacles would I come across if I fitted 205's re rubbing etc?

If it's the otherway round, I havent thought about that yet!

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Is your cav lowered or such? IMO you would have no problems providing they are vauxhall offset or close to. Would 205's fit on a 195 rim? I'm not sure on standard cav wheel size though. ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cathcart cav said:
Is your cav lowered or such? IMO you would have no problems providing they are vauxhall offset or close to. Would 205's fit on a 195 rim? I'm not sure on standard cav wheel size though. ;)
No, standard springs and dampers. The offset is ET49 but it's the overall radius I'm concerned about. It's a 6" width so the 205 would fit

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Well i have the cav lowered 60mm all round with 195/40/17 with offset of bout 38-40 ish. I get full lock both ways no problem. Thats with the wrong offset so i'd imagine your will be fine.

·
Registered
320 Posts
URGHHHHHHHHH will be changing mine soon ive just found out that i have a full set of remoulds urgggg

not going over 20mph again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts