Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home from a night out tonight, and was taking a friend home who was a little under the influence.

Anyway.....He couldn't remember the way properly, and I've only ever dropped him home once, and it was really foggy tonight.

I ended up going over one of the slightly raised mini-roundabouts and I'm worried I've really hurt the car.

On the motorway after dropping him off, and once I reach 70mph, something is squeeking about once a second - Sounds mainly from the right hand side and the noise occurs more often if I continue to accelerate. Cr is pulling quite badly to the left and braking causes the car to pull slightly more left than it is already.

Anybody with any idea's what I may have damaged/effected and what I will need to get looked at?

·
Registered
33 Posts
just come back from night out myself, pretty ****ered lmao i wouldnt of xpected a mini O 2 do any damage but if it has and is causing what u say it is could b a number of things. steering arms/rack, strut, altered/damaged camber, shockers/suspension, ball joints, damaged tyre/rim, arm tingy (cant remember proper name) chassis leg (extreme and v.unlikely). or squeaking could be just a disc catching slightly(bcause of one of above)? or if whole strut/tingy is bent tyre rubbing? but all (if would do it at all) would cause to rub more than once every second at 70(wheel rotates approx 2-5 times a sec, est... im no scientist, also have devoured about 30 units 2nite, wont b drivin early 2 mora!). it depends how hard you hit it and at what speed/angle etc. not that im an expert but to determine what the problem is would be a process of elimination as always. pain in the arse, but good luck matey.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Getting it looked at today, so we'll find out the damage (mainly to the bank I guess) this afternoon.

I've been told elsewhere it could be wishbones - Hope not $$$

1 - 5 of 5 Posts