Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

161 - 180 of 219 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Yes still doing these :)

I've not got any stock at the moment but I'm planning on making some more up in a couple of weeks.

I do have one customer returned one (I do a 30 day money back guarantee on the pulse converters and this one didn't work on his car) which will be available for anyone who needs one in a hurry.

·
Super Moderator
23,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Dom, I'll take it please mate, I need one to convert a V6 pulse into a 4 cylinder pulse to keep my 4wd ecu and rev counter happy.
Hi bud

Just a quick check - does the signal for the rev counter come from the ECU or would you pick it up from the coil ?

If its ECU driven then it should work perfectly. I've only got the returned one here for the next couple of weeks but its only been used by another Migger on here for a day (in Australia !) before he decided to go Canbus for his solution. It will be fully tested and working if you decide to go for this one. Alternatively you can hang on until I make a new batch in a couple of weeks.

They are available to order off the website anyway :)

Dom

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Yarp. ;) My tacho signal will be every ignition event, so I'll still get a 6-cylinder signal out. :(
Actually, **** it, I'll leave it on the off-chance, and if I need one I can always grab one. At least I know you're still making them. lmao :beer:

·
Super Moderator
23,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Mind you - if I have a couple of orders for new ones, I can get some stock of the Microcontrollers in next week and build up a new batch. Takes a few days start to finish though so probably won't get them out until the week after (once they are tested etc)

·
Super Moderator
23,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
The problem with driving it from a coil output is that the signal is very noisy with ringing and high voltage spikes.

While it won't kill the pulse converter, it may not read properly if its getting this kind of interference. The actual tacho output from many ECUs is a nice clean 12v signal and this works perfectly on my units.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I got the the elise dash from corsakid,which came with litlle box,but iam gonna use it with my 967E mbe,which if iam correct had to take the signal from the coil in my previus car,would i came to a dead end?

·
Super Moderator
23,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
I'll use it on the tacho output then mate, which im 99% sure the V6 has a dedicated wire for anyway :)

PM me how much and what paypal address please?
Last PM I tried to send you got bounced back as your inbox was full lmao

Its £35 delivered and can be ordered off the Picbits webshop.

Let me know if you want a "fresh" one or if the unit I've got here will do if you need it in a hurry (will be fully reset and tested). If you make a note that you need it to a 2:3 setting I'll preset it at the workshop so there isn't too much fiddling to do.

·
Super Moderator
23,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
I got the the elise dash from corsakid,which came with litlle box,but iam gonna use it with my 967E mbe,which if iam correct had to take the signal from the coil in my previus car,would i came to a dead end?
If you're asking if my pulse converter will work with a coil driven input then possibly. Its been designed not to get damaged by the spikes and has been used without a problem on a couple of coil driven tacho motors but the software won't cope with excessive amounts of noise so may give incorrect readings.

161 - 180 of 219 Posts