201 - 219 of 219 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
so is v2 up and running now?

David.
Sort of.

Current units are going out with the V2 firmware but not the bootloader so it can't be updated in the future. The V2 was going to have an onboard ABS amp but space didn't permit it so I've got a seperate module available if this is needed.

For all intents and purposes it is a V2 unit though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Dom, I know this is an old thread but I wanted to ask about my R reg mk3 1.6 sport, it has a 3.0 v6 running c25xe inlet and wiring loom. my speedo is fine but the rev counter is doing the usual reading too high thing, I was told that you did a resistor for a couple of quid that went inline on the green wire to correct it, it this pulse converter thingymabob (which youve spent loads of time and effort on and if I'm honest I read the whole post and only understood half, christ your clever) what I've been told about?
Although do you do a cheaper version that only corrects the rev counter without any of the other features? many thanks Adam.

·
Super Moderator
23,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
I was told that you did a resistor for a couple of quid that went inline on the green wire to correct it, it this pulse converter thingymabob (which youve spent loads of time and effort on and if I'm honest I read the whole post and only understood half, christ your clever) what I've been told about?
Although do you do a cheaper version that only corrects the rev counter without any of the other features? many thanks Adam.
There has never been and will never be a resistor that you can put inline with the green wire - electronically there is absolutely no way this could work and I've seen people say many many times on forums "all you need is a resistor inline".

My unit samples the pulses coming in, works out their frequency and calculates the output frequency depending on what ratio you have set it up for.

There was a slightly cheaper version in the pipeline which would just correct a V6 signal but due to issues in this thread : http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/off-topic-discussions/513799-shutting-up-shop.html I won't be building any more units from the end of this week and will be shutting shop to consider an alternative business model.

·
Super Moderator
23,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
They are on my webshop. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello Dom
Is this what I need to run the parts from a astra mk2 gte digital dash in a zafira A ?

Any info would be much appreciated !

·
Super Moderator
23,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
I'm afraid I've had to stop doing them again now. I've started a new job and gone back to college so I have no time to run my old business as I wouldn't have the time to provide support if something was to go wrong etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ar ok Dom
No problem i was just toying with the idea of retro fitting a set of gte didgital clocks into my zaf gsi I would of been a neat one off mod if it would of worked
Never mind back to the drawing board and good luck with the new Job fella !!

·
Super Moderator
23,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
Cheers bud :) New job going swimmingly well although going back to college at my age (>40 years old) is a bit of a shock lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Lol
I know exactly how you feel my job requires me to constantly keep up dating my certification and I hate it, its just like going back to school :-/

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you think it would of been possible to do the above Dom or would it of been a no no
As might still go a head and make the custom dash and try and find some thing to run it if its possible ?

·
Super Moderator
23,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
The Zafira A will probably have the same issues as the MK4 Astra - the temperature gauge has to be fed from the ECU as it uses a totally different signal to a simple sender used by the digidash.

It is possible and there are alternatives (which I haven't used or tested) to the units I used to sell.

·
Super Moderator
23,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
I know - it was a hard decision to make but I just have (literally) zero spare time for doing anything at the moment. I've got 1-2 years of full time work and college and weekends now involve copious amounts of homework :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Dom is it possible to run a speedo sensor on a f23 gearbox and hook it up to the speedo clocks? does the pick up run off the diff .Does anything need changing

·
Super Moderator
23,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
Wouldn't have a clue I'm afraid. Just about anything was possible with the pulse converters but I stopped making them a while ago.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hi
does anyone have one of doms units going spare. im fitting a set of gte clocks into my cavalier v6 so i have a few problems to overcome
the speedo difference because of the abs pickup and secondly the v6 2 extra cylinders for the rev counter
thanks

201 - 219 of 219 Posts