Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right - finally pulled out my finger and got on with these. I've got a prototype knocked up and tested and it works A1 - just done a 30 mile round trip to test it and used a digidash connected up to my normal analogue clocks.

Just gauging an idea of numbers at the moment - they still require testing by a couple of MIG members who I have already been in contact with but it all looks promising so far :)

The units have 3 buttons, calibrate up/down and set so pretty simple to set up. They will work with both rev counters i.e. V6 rev counter to 4 cylinder and vice versa and can even allow you to use an AK sender with and AH digidash and vice versa.

Let me know if you're interested.

Dom
---------------------------
Your location: Wellingborough
Condition of the item: New
Asking Price: £35

·
Super Moderator
23,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool - keep the interest coming - I need to know how many (roughly) to budget for parts for :beer:

I know there was someone else who has sent me £15 for a set of films at the same time but I'll have to trawl through old emails to find out who he was :beer:

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
ill have one is the unit haidden away nce calibrated i presume its used to adjust the speedo on a digital dash could it be used eg f28 box with standard f28 speedo ring

·
Super Moderator
23,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Once calibrated it retains its memory indefinitely and can be hidden away.

It should work on any car with a VSS which gives out a 0-12 volt pulse

·
Super Moderator
23,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
novashed said:
put me down dom, assume it will be suitabel for the vx220 clocks?? (please say yes)
Should be fine for the VX220 clocks mate - if it can sort out a signal from a MK3 Cav with analogue clocks (I tapped off the speed sensor at the back) and run a Digidash then I cant see it having a problem with the VX220 clocks :beer:

When do you need it for ?

·
Super Moderator
23,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It starts off with a 1:1 ratio i.e. 50 pulses per second in and 50 pulses per second out.

You use the up and down buttons to change this ratio and when your speedo is reading correctly you press the set button which stores the setting.

There are 255 settings although at the extremes of multiplication (i.e. output frequency more than 4 times the input frequency) it gets a little less accurate.

I'll wait for feeback from the eval units I'm sending out - I cant see there being too many issues though.

Dom

·
Super Moderator
23,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes - this is ideal for that as well.

Just hook it up to a VSS wire and the output to the MFD and you can set it from there for the correct reading.

It wont interfere with the original speed sender signal in any way and can be removed in seconds.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Dom said:
Should be fine for the VX220 clocks mate - if it can sort out a signal from a MK3 Cav with analogue clocks (I tapped off the speed sensor at the back) and run a Digidash then I cant see it having a problem with the VX220 clocks :beer:

When do you need it for ?
soon a sposs really, satarting to get all the loom together now on the thing, want to ideally fire the thing up for the first time next week and check everything over, probably wont get as far as a test run though

·
Super Moderator
23,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Might be able to get a test unit for you - let me know when you are ready as you're fairly local.

·
Super Moderator
23,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DutchNovaDiesel said:
Hey Dom,

Will this work for my diesel rev.counter connected to a digidash,
it's got to divide the signal by +/- 6 ?

Cheers, Jeffrey
Should do - will take a bit of testing though to see if it can divide by 6 (initial test say it will)

·
Super Moderator
23,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Only issue with using the diesel tach output is that the faster the pulses the unit receives the lower the accuracy will be - the unit times the interval between the pulses and operates at 16mhz at the moment - I want to try to ramp the speed up to 40mhz to capture a more accurate timing but the prototype refuses to run at this speed (although it may be down to the older processor I'm using - I know there were some issues with the early silicon running at this speed). I'll try to bargain in some extra board space for a better oscillator and see if that helps.

1 - 20 of 219 Posts